Young woman moving to Al Ain

Hi,

Im a young single woman andd have just been offered a staff nurse post in Al Ain. Ive never been to the UAE and i dint know anyone here.  Is there any advice / info out there for me re making friends, hospital accomadation, way of living etc.

Please help

Thanks

Hi and welcome on board rebecca130885!

I hope you will obtain some useful advices soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Rebecca,

My name's Jess. I just saw your post and I thought I would say hi. I don't have too much advice for you I'm afraid as I am in the same boat as you! I have just been offered a teaching job in Al Ain and will be starting in September. Did your employers not offer you accommodation? When would you be moving over? I can give you some websites that will help you learn a bit more about the country and Al Ain:

http://propdubai.com/articles/25/index.phphttp://www.mdtravelhealth.com/destinati … irates.phphttps://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … n-uae.html

I hope that helps a bit. There's quite a bit of info on this site too actually, just noticed!

Jess

dear,
al ain is a real safe place to enjoy urself. dont bother of being single or double. come here , work n enjoy ur life. its really better to live in al ain.

I've only been here for 6 weeks, and I've quickly got to grips with Al Ain, so trust me when I say you won't have many problems settling in. You will find many western expats here, and many lovely people to help you settle down.

My view of Al Ain is that its a small community where everyone eventually gets to know each other. I actually work with many of the nurses and teachers who come here to Al Ain, and they are always a laugh, so expect to make new friends very quickly :)

I did however like yourself have my doubts, mainly because I read too much into the UAE being an Islamic country, and expected it to be strict, but its nothing like that. Its probably one of the safest and cleanest countries I have been to so far. And remember your in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, which is a lot more financially stable than Dubai.

Mohit

Halifax, right? I spent 2.5 years of my life not very far from Halifax, in Leeds, absolutely loved it.

Hi Canuck,

First of all belated Happy Canada Day!
Here are some tips regarding your enquiries:
About you accommodation, you can check out the links provided for you.
khaleejtimes.com/classified/clf_item_list.asp?catg=Accommodation+to+Rent&city=AUH

gnads4u.com/properties

uae.dubizzle.com/property-for-rent/residential/

Check out abu dhabi week for some info about Abu Dhabi.

abudhabiweek.ae/

If you need further info just let me know and I will try to help as much as I can.

Hi Frds,

Hi :-)

I am another young woman going to Al Ain in a couple of months...

It would be great if we could meet all together!

Mari Mar

Hi Mari Mar!

Welcome to the forum ;)

Armand

Welcome to Alain folks ...
The Green Oasis and its people are really good. Alain has lot of places to explore and im sure you guys and girls will have a good time here.
Hoping for the best !!!
Bilal
0556969157 :)=)

Wow, I am so happy to so quickly have found several others in my exact situation!  I am also a single (American) woman coming to Al Ain in my first expat experience, to teach at an international school.  What a great community to have stumbled into!

hey i am also moving to al ain at the beginning of sept and am terribly nervous about meeeting people. am also very keen o try and make some connections before i leave!

PAMDEJ,
dont worry, just come here n u will find ample of good friends here. I am sure, you will really love this place.
mehtab

Hi pamdej!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Becca I think you should copy all our messages to Pamdej lol

consider it done matey :D

;)

Hi,

Maybe i can answer some of the queries that you may have as i have now been living in Al Ain for 17 months. I also lived in Dubai for two years before that.

I work in Al Ain Hospital.  Not within the clinical buildings but the new hospital construction site.  You will see the site when you come as there is plans for a complete new hospital and it under construction.

You will find it very quiet i expect, but safe.

It will not take you long to find out the places to go and all the expats meet in the same spots most Thursday nights.

Anyway if i can help answer any questions just drop a line.

Hi Rebecca,

Ive also been offered a job at Al Ain hospital - my stuff from dataflow has finally been processed.  I was just wondering if you were out there yet? I have been chopping and changing my mind since I was offered the job in March. If I was coming over could we meet up - im scared im going to have no-one to party with :)

Claire

hey rebecca,i'm andre living here in al ain from about 6 years and i am from romania,would be nice meeting u...and making more friends,would be nice to show u around,when u have time maybe we can hear each other
that's my contact no 0508317038...see ya:)

hey claire....if u wanna party ..maybe we can meet up....with the guys and girls from this forum....and would be nice:) hhehe ok see u then...

hi Rebecca....Al Ain is a good place...Hakuna Matata!!:cool:

Yo Robin why are you not replying back to the nice people who are leaving you messages? Your not a very good trusty sidekick now are you lol :p

clairey86 wrote:

Hi Rebecca,

Ive also been offered a job at Al Ain hospital - my stuff from dataflow has finally been processed.  I was just wondering if you were out there yet? I have been chopping and changing my mind since I was offered the job in March. If I was coming over could we meet up - im scared im going to have no-one to party with :)

Claire

Hey Claire,

I know your not here yet, but welcome anyway. As soon as your here your worries will be put aside. Becca spoke to me about the same fears a good few months back, and I'll tell you the same thing I told her, you'll find lots of really good people at Al Ain Hospital, Al Ain in general has a brilliant expat community full of lots of nice people.

I run a meet up group in Abu Dhabi, and soon there will be a meet up group starting in Al Ain, which should give everyone the chance to meet new people, and do organised activities and so on, so I'll keep you posted.

Have a safe and pleasant journey.

Mohit

Hi,

I am Niaz.

I have just started last month as a consultant physician here in Twam hospital.

Before that I was working in the UK for over 15 years. So it is big change.

I am struggling to find friends and if you are from UK/USA it will be great to chat/meet up.

I found accommodation the hardest bit but happy to guide you through.

Take my number and ring me if you want to chat for more information etc. I am happy to help you out.

Niaz 051474194

Hey Niaz,

Great to hear from you. From where in the UK? Hopefully we can meet the next time I am in Al Ain. I actually started of in Al Ain, I was there for about 2.5 months. I'll get you in touch with a colleague of mine from there, his name is Usman, really bubbly chap especially when it comes to having a good time...do you think that would be some help?

Regards,

Mohit

Thank Mohit.

Contact me anytime. You have my number.

Niaz

I hope you don't mind mate, I've passed your number to my colleague and good friend Usman. He's from London and has been out in the Middle East for a while. He actually looks after a lot of the expats there. But on a personal note, he'd be a good person to get to know so he can introduce you to other Brits and expats here. Al Ain generally has a brilliant expat community, so I have no worries for you mate.

Anyway I'll speak to you soon, and I'll catch up with you myself when I am down in Al Ain next.

Take care buddy.

No problem.

Thanks for passing my number

so i finally mad it here at its been a month and i'm survining. al ain isn;t to bad and have made some nice friends!

pamdej wrote:

so i finally mad it here at its been a month and i'm survining. al ain isn;t to bad and have made some nice friends!

Welcome to the UAE :)

Welcome Padmej

now if you really want to take a step further grab your sikds and head onto the bawadi mall on oct 10th at 7pm at the Starbucks.

We are all having the first meetup.

The topic is stickied...

Looks like a lot of ppl have confirmed. Mia is spear heading.

You do know where it is right?

-H

Its putting my mind at ease now i've actually been chatting with people instead of lurking about on Al Ain forums which ive been doing since march!! Wooohooo!!  Probably wont be out until January by the sounds of things - once my registration gets sorted and I work my notice at my job here!!!

clairey86 wrote:

Its putting my mind at ease now i've actually been chatting with people instead of lurking about on Al Ain forums which ive been doing since march!! Wooohooo!!  Probably wont be out until January by the sounds of things - once my registration gets sorted and I work my notice at my job here!!!

Well we look forward to seeing you in Jan then :)

Hello, just to inform you that the off-topic and offensive messages has been moved to a private forum.

Thanks,
Harmonie.:)

Hi ALL,

@ rebecca130885 , @ csaw16 ,@ pamdej, @ clairey86:

Welcome to expat-blog, hope to hear from you soon guys, we started our meet-ups already and still planning for the next one, hopefully soon, and hopefully by that time u guys are here in Al Ain. Let's explore Al Ain together, greet and meet other expats and have fun after work. see u soon :)

cheers,

princessmia

hi I am Loai live in Dubai since 4 years I am working as Retail Accounts Manager my number 0559681851 my email: [email protected] add me and call me I need me and you to be freind thanks

@ rebecca130885,@ csaw16,@ pamdej,@clairey86:
I'm new on the forum, but have been here for 2 years from America. I hope you enjoy Al Ain  as much as I have.  I have had the best time here... Cheers/.

@alain8877- could you introduce yourself please. Thank you.