Questions regarding moving to Chile with Pet Dog & questions regarding

Hello, We (Husband, Dog, and I)have been thinking about moving to Chile and I have been reading blogs on expats. My Mom is from Chile but I was born and raised in the US. My husband also speaks english and spanish. We went to Chile in February and we loved it. We loved how modern it is and how there is economic prosperity.
Due to our current economy (US), we are looking to possibly move for a better opportunity. Of course, we would not leave with out one of us finding employment first. I am an Accountant and my husband is a woodworker and his background is hospitality.
questions: 1) What companies hire Americans in Chile? 2) Are Accountants in demand?

When I was there, I did hear that the pay is low and prices were very high specially in Patagonia. 
Also, is there any person or agency that you trust and can recommend?

I have a Pet Dog and there is no question that we will bring her. Any advice you can offer?
Thanks,
BetsyC

Hi Betsy,

Congratulations on your decision to move to Chile.  We tested the water for a five months last year in Vina del Mar,traveled around the country, then ended up in Patagonia.  Chile is a huge country from top to bottom, and the answers to your questions will vary based upon where you want to live.  For example, it's probably easiest to find a job with a larger multi-national company in Santiago than in most of the rest of the country, and the demand for accountants may vary by region or even town.

Where in Chile are you thinking about living? 

If you're considering moving down south, perhaps my blog will help give you a sense for life in Patagonia as we're from the US and also left to pursue better economic opportunities for our family:  Living in Patagonia.  I hope this is helpful!

You may want to consider working for Bechtel in Chile bechtel.com/careers.html