WHAT IS THE AVERAGE TEACHING SALARY IN EGYPT?

I AM LOOKING FOR WORK AND CAN NOT SEEM TO GET ANYONE TO OFFER ME A COMFORTABLE PAY RATE.

Very low, in general. Don't expect too much.

In general it's between 800 and 1200 pounds (1500 if you're so lucky!!)

it depends on your qualifications as TEFL or CELTA, and your teaching experience besides you are native anglophone.

Regards,
Mina

its almost 800 till 1200 in egyptian national schools and for egyptians ofcourse but as for foreigners its other case,here foreigners work mostly in international schools ofcourse , and the average is between 15000 EGP till 28000 EGP as my friends work here in schools and i know one owner of big chain in egypt the school name is MAC Misr American Collage, and also MIU university here,this numbers are trusted 100% plus non egyptians take accomdations and all and they rent near school mainly in Maadi area or new cairo area.   it is very good job here for foreigners as long as they are well mannered plus experiance certified))))

Hi Hilwa,
Are you in Egypt now?  What are your qualifications?  800-1500 le is local pay for an Egyptian, usually as a teaching assistant.  If you're a qualified, certified teacher, you can make much, much more.  Where have you applied so far?  I've been here since September and have checked out a lot of the schools.  Keep in mind too, that the work atmosphere and level of professionalism is JUST as important as salary here.

don moe wrote:

...the average is between 15000 EGP till 28000 EGP...)

I don t think so! Depending of your education and your skills you could get:
* in a nursery: not less than 2000 LE, not more than 4000LE;
* in an international school: not less than 3000 LE, not more than 6000 LE.
Teachers that come with a contract from abroad could get some facilities( accommodation,flight tickets...)This means the deal must be done before coming here.Also, you must open your eyes very well... people here talk and promise more but they do and provide less! I mean people that are supposed to deal :unsure
Private universities pay more, but 28000 LE/ month I don t think!
After each one year you could get a rise( 10- 20 %).
If you are a good player in negotiation you could get more even from the beginning, but if they feel you weak, sure they get advantage and pay you " something, there" that can t be a salary at all!
Also, you should have little good luck to get a good job, and NEGOTIATION IS AN ART that you must have talent for it and practicing!

Hi I want to come in Egypt and work as a English teacher  I m highly certified and have 8 years experience I  this field. .pls guide me

How do I get work permit visa in Egypt .
And what is cost of living in  Egypt .do reply...

If you are looking for a teaching position you should contact the international schools there. If they have a position they will get the visa organised for you. 

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

[moderated: please post your job offer in the jobs section]

Teaching salary in Egypt not very good,But if you are American apply for International Language schools , your salary will be very good.
I have many friends from America and UK who works teacher in Egypt

What Qualifications do you have ? And what have you been offered ?

Hi aishaahmed,

Just as you know this thread here is a bit old :)

Feel free to start a new topic with all your question on the Egypt Forum for better interactions :)

Thank you

Maximilien

It depends on ur education experience skills etc

Hello,
I'm staying for a while in Egypt and needed to know if I get the CELTA, how much would I get paid? And how easy for a CELTA holder to get a job, bottom line: is it worth it both as a salary/benifits as well as position/future vacancies?
Thanks in advance!

Silent bird86 wrote:

Hello,
I'm staying for a while in Egypt and needed to know if I get the CELTA, how much would I get paid? And how easy for a CELTA holder to get a job, bottom line: is it worth it both as a salary/benifits as well as position/future vacancies?
Thanks in advance!

If you get the CELTA am so sure the international Schools will pay you well, some even say you can put your number and it will help you anywhere you go too

Hi!
What about private one to one english or arabic teaching? How much is the rate per hour?
Regards
Mac

Mac99 wrote:

Hi!
What about private one to one english or arabic teaching? How much is the rate per hour?
Regards
Mac

Hi Mac
it depends on the teacher but one session starts from 150 to 200 and we are talking about 90 to 120 min session
contact me if you need anyhelp

Hi hamza,
Do you know someone who got CELTA?

Hey Bird
I know some ppl who have Celta but not in Cairo but i know they pay well at the British council if you are Celta Holder
Contact me

Guys, I wana ask something

I have an American accent and passport and English Training experience of about two years, I am a graduate of English Language and Literature, also an IGCSE student and I am being offered a job as an English,Maths and Science teacher in an International school teaching with British curriculum.

What am I supposed to be asking for in terms of salary package/ accomodation/ benefits or transportation.

Bearing in mind my current job offeres transportation and medical coverage and attractive salary

My name is Mo and I'm a Native American from NY

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : please post in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am looking for British or American school Director .
Also looking for native English teachers

Hi mo
I am looking for a native English teacher if interested kindly contact me at

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Assalam alikum all . Best regards for all
I am asking about salaries of physics or mathmatics teachers in american and  international schools in egypt " cairo " .
Please how know give me the advice