Hepatitis B infection

lakshmi 00

Thanks to you.. Hoping the rule will not change...

Regards,

Honey ko

Hello

Before i check in al baraha and i failed then my file clear in al baraha. Someone told me go to abu dhabi because that time they not yet check for hepa b. It will be implement 2010 thats why i past and i get worked now im afraid. Every time im thinking because this coming october i need to renew my contract.
I dont want to go home in our country. My family need me and specially my child. Im only one working.

Thanks and Regards,

Honey Ko :)

It has been 1 year already since they changed the rules, the law. Everybody knows now that hep B is checked only for 6 categories of workers. If there is any gov. hospital or clinic who still check it....than they broke the law!!! Altough i dont think this can be possible, hard to believe.

,,A complete medical test at a government hospital or clinic is compulsory prior to issuing a residence visa. This includes a chest X-Ray and blood tests to check for certain communicable diseases including: tuberculosis, leprosy and HIV/AIDS. Positive results can lead to a denial of a residence visa and deportation.

Those who fall under the following categories are also tested for syphilis and hepatitis B. It is compulsory for these workers to receive hepatitis B vaccinations upon arrival in the UAE:

1.Nannies
2.Housemaids
3.Nursery and KG supervisors
4.Beauticians and barbers
5.Health club workers
6.Food handlers

dubai.angloinfo.com/countries/uae/dubai/residency.asp

expatinfodesk.com/news/2010/08/25/work-visa-dubai-medical-screening-requirements-to-change/

Dear All,
Please note that I am hbv positive and I did my medical in Muhaisna last February and renewed my visa. Before I went for the test, I have been to Baraha and consulted one of the doctors. He has confirmed that they don't check HBV other than the six categories. The only concern is about the new visa. No one has been through this situation so far it seems.

Altough nobody confirmed regarding new visa yet......the law has been changed for both new and renewal visa. If someone has been through this please let us know.

yes Nurianadia is correct, for new and renewal the rules are same, they dont check hepa-b unless u come under those 6 categories. If anyone has come across New visa experience, pl. share.  God bless all of us.

hi people , i will go for the medical next week i would to ask if all the clinics abide the new medical rules or please help me which clinic to go please..... my  blood brothers and sisters

lakshmi00,

Are u going for renewal or for new visa? i think u should ask the clinics before, just gave some phone calls, to make sure.

Good luck, and dont worry it should be fine, the rules are for everyone, without exceptions.

to nurianadia:

sister  its a new visa because i found a new job i will work as visual merchandiser for clothes. I am here for 11 years my job before is store manager for clothes

lakshmi 00 wrote:

hi people , i will go for the medical next week i would to ask if all the clinics abide the new medical rules or please help me which clinic to go please..... my  blood brothers and sisters

don't worry i know everything will be alright.. God is good, just keep on praying. this is our blessings from God. If you read this thread, u will feel fine because people share their experiences and the result is positive. So be positive too...God Bless you

to sanggol

thank you my sister i hope i will pass the medical test i hope i will get my resedensy GOD is alway very good

Hi Everyone,

I have a question. I will be entering Abu Dhabi as a FATHER'S VISA, but I am Hepatitis B positive (healthy carrier). WOuld I be allowed to be given a VISA? please do help me and REPLY as soon as you can.

star girl

they will only test you for hiv, tb and sypillis.
i hope it will conclude your worry

Dear All +ve brothers and Sisters,

24th I given blood for medical test to renew my visa in Jebel Ali Free Zone, I am here past 10 years and I am HBV positive. and my visa stamped. this is confirmation to all who have ambiguities on their medical tests.

I hope HBV check ups only for those six categories not for all. so be happy and cool. GOD BLESS ALL.

really this is very good news, you are working in retail fashion or office?

lakshmi

did u had your medical test?

still no sister.

anybody hear about national hepatitis plan?

i came in with a new vise and was issued fitnes in dec last yr ..the only worry is this might change soon coz i ready in the paper some thing about hep testing for everyone...am sure they will stop again fitness for hep b even renewal...

pls. what u read in the newspaper?

lakshmi 00 wrote:

pls. what u read in the newspaper?

i read in "THE NATIONAL" that DR.MAHMOUD FIKRI is proposing to have all expats and locals to be tested with HEPA B, but he did not mention if it is deportable disease.

Well, it is only a proposal by this time and not yet a law. I hope it will not be granted as law, but a way of awareness only. Don't worry Lakshmi, the law is is still valid. If I were  you, I will go to take my medical test now.

:)to korfakan

you are right, but im still in my 1 month notice. can i pay my notice? instead of working in the company? so they can cancel my visa and the new company can process my new visa:)

Dear All,

We really need to help each other, we need to keep on watching this new announcement from Dr. Mahmoud Fikri coz anytime now, they can change the law. All those who will be doing their medical test sooner, please inform everybody about the result of your test. And maybe try to do your medical test as soon as possible.

hi there..

as of right now..i guess carefully check before coming whether they do the hep b test during medical examination since i hrd they changed the rules again..best way is to ask someone u know in dubai whether you hav to give the test for hep b for the residence(work) visa..

Hello,

Its not good news if ever. I cannot renew now and take medical my visa will finished nov. And i can renew this coming oct. Hope that they give chance for us to work. I feel sad...

i always check the dha website still the rules are the same. i check also the proposal of national hepatitis plan in dha and moh website still not implemented. i check the muhaisna clinic testing for hepa b is those who fall in the 6 categories.......... sounds weird ha but i have to do this i need a job still i didnt do my medical test bec. im still in my 1 month notice....... hoping that the new proposal will go directly to garbage bin

I want to share my experience which i had in the month of May 2011. I am also Hep B carrier and working in an Audit firm. I went to Baraha for my visa renewal and found in the form that i will be only checked for HIV.  While giving blood samples to the lady doctor there, I asked her that my friend is expected to join our firm and its gonaa be a new visa. Are they checking for Hep B for this category, she said no- He will not be checked for it.
I dont understand why people here are giving incomplete information. We are here to help each other and not to confuse by giving incomplete and misleading information. its a humble request unless you are not sure- please dont comment to make others life miserable.

I will be changing my job soon and if i am checked for the Hep B. I can always fight since the new law was publicly announced and circulated in newspaper.

Regards

You guys can call on this no. Baraha Preventive Dept - 04-2731161 or 04-2221211  and confirm the current status yourself.

farhan12 wrote:

I want to share my experience which i had in the month of May 2011. I am also Hep B carrier and working in an Audit firm. I went to Baraha for my visa renewal and found in the form that i will be only checked for HIV.  While giving blood samples to the lady doctor there, I asked her that my friend is expected to join our firm and its gonaa be a new visa. Are they checking for Hep B for this category, she said no- He will not be checked for it.
I dont understand why people here are giving incomplete information. We are here to help each other and not to confuse by giving incomplete and misleading information. its a humble request unless you are not sure- please dont comment to make others life miserable.

I will be changing my job soon and if i am checked for the Hep B. I can always fight since the new law was publicly announced and circulated in newspaper.

Regards

What was Dr. Fikri's announcement. I dint find it any thing serious about it for medical testing. its just written that medical fitness certificate for new job needs to undergo hep b test. So whats the big deal. It is being followed at present as well for six categories.

Please explain in detail if you had any other news in which you read that its been planned to change the existing law.

betsybub127 wrote:

Dear All,

We really need to help each other, we need to keep on watching this new announcement from Dr. Mahmoud Fikri coz anytime now, they can change the law. All those who will be doing their medical test sooner, please inform everybody about the result of your test. And maybe try to do your medical test as soon as possible.

HI everyone,

Regarding the last topic of the new medical rule, I sent an email yesterday to my contact in DHA and he confirmed that as of now the amended rule which the checking for hep b is for the 6 category of jobs only.There maybe speculation of new rules again which i read 2 months ago that the test will be done in the home country too and in UAE and when the finding is positive from your country it is the employer will be the one to decide if they will continue hiring you meaning the mean decision will be it is up to the employer and not to the health authority in UAE only very different to what they are having now that it is really the health authority who will make the decision of your residency visa. But i am sure if this will be the new talks of the rule they will change let us just wait and see what is again the new rules.but for now it is still the old rule which was implemented last oct.2010.

gerryaned

hi gerryanded and jai,

i've been reading your posts regarding the ban issue due to hepa b. it's very disappointing that til this date there's still no solution on how to lift this ban. i'm not a hepa b carrier but my fiance is a carrier and she was deported last july 2010. i recently applied a visit visa for her but unfortunately the application was rejected. and today i am going to the immigration to verify the reason of the rejection. hoping i can get a good solution to this problem...Insha'Allah! best of luck to me.

mission failed....there is no way to lift the ban.... :(

But if they have changed the laws back in 2010 where they have said no deportation for new entry Expats even if they are positive for Hep B.

Then why are they not allowing to lift the ban. Was there any specific explaination for the same.

hephephooray wrote:

mission failed....there is no way to lift the ban.... :(

all they were saying was that, "she is not allowed to enter Dubai anymore forever...she is banned for life". i kept insisting that Dubai is already allowing Hepa B carriers to work here since last year and the ban should be lifted because of that. but their only reply is no she cannot come here anymore... i even went to the immigration at al awir were they cancelled her visit visa and scanned her eyes. they have the same reply regarding the banned people of dubai due to hepa b.

so we just accepted that maybe dubai is not the place for both of us and God has better plans for us...but still i'm so depressed til now... :(

for those banned people who are aspiring to go back here in dubai, i'm sorry and i'm not making you lose your hope. i'm just sharing what i did to give you an idea.

Hi hephephooray

Dont loose your heart , Approach the legal firm to remove the ban as they are carrying out these cases too . All the Best.

Regards

Jai 

hephephooray wrote:

all they were saying was that, "she is not allowed to enter Dubai anymore forever...she is banned for life". i kept insisting that Dubai is already allowing Hepa B carriers to work here since last year and the ban should be lifted because of that. but their only reply is no she cannot come here anymore... i even went to the immigration at al awir were they cancelled her visit visa and scanned her eyes. they have the same reply regarding the banned people of dubai due to hepa b.

so we just accepted that maybe dubai is not the place for both of us and God has better plans for us...but still i'm so depressed til now... :(

for those banned people who are aspiring to go back here in dubai, i'm sorry and i'm not making you lose your hope. i'm just sharing what i did to give you an idea.

Hello,

Now im little bit scared i dont know if i will past the medical my family need me. Hope it will be alright. I mis my son but we need to be far to each other to support him... Every morning in the office i open this forum to check what is the new news.

Thanks a lot....

Honey ko....

Hey all,
I am checking this forum for the past few months. From the bottom of my hearth I want to thank all of those who keep informing us and sharing their experiences with the group. Because of you I been able to remain calm and learn much more about this process. Again thanks to all of you once more.

I would be going for my medical sometime this week. I will share my experience in detail with all of you as soon as I finish the process. Mine is a new visa. Again I will share with the group my experience. Please wish me luck. This opportunity means a lot to me and I hope I that things turn out well for me.

take care and keep positive.

onedream

hi i like to ask if you are new in dubai? your visa is new visa? what kind of work are u into? food?office or sales?
when u will do ur medical test??
please can u tell to me the procedure and the result of ur test?
please can u tell to where u take ur medical test w/c clinic?

sorry to ask you this questions?? i will do my medical test soon please provide  some information pls it will be very helpfull for me.

i will work as a visual merchandizer for clothes, can u ask them about medical test for visual merchandizer?

thank you very much one dream

Yess I am new here. It will be a new visa.

I dont know where I would take the medical and when? But for sure I will let you know all the details once I am done with them. I am working in the business sector. So I dont fall under the 6 categories, thats why I have hope that everything will be fine with me.

Again, please wish me luck and I look forward to share my experience. If any of you go before, please also share your experiences. I am so nervous because this means a lot to me.

:)

One dream

Thank you very much please give me some feed back

Dear All,

First of all Ramdan Karee,

I'm information System engineer, and I Have HbEg positive thus non-infectious.

Could you please advise me? It's ok to get the work permission or not

Alhamd llalah