Calligraphy

Hi There,

Can anyone tell me where in Riyadh I can learn Calligraphy please? :happy:

Thanks in advance

even i wanted to post this but wanted to join after ramadan... so was waiting... ya please someone help me as well

Hii Sandy & Shahab...if you both meant Arabic calligraphy, then u might want to call this institute for more info:

Al Kateb Institute For Arabic Calligraphy
tele. no:4886056

goodluck :)

Thanks Erigirl,

Thanks for the info:happy:

Do you happen to know if they are English speaking as well as Arabic?

u most welcome dear, i'm not so sure whether they have bilingual speakers but if you want i'll check them for you...

dear sandy,
I've check with the institute and it turned out its only for men!
however, they're going to open up a new branch for ladies after one month or two, as for the language they're still working on it... so, stay tuned :)

thanks a lot EriGirl...

Thanks a lot Erigirl :)

Hi there :) & how are you?

Funny thing, I've mentioned to you in my last message(have you looked at it yet ?) that I can teach you Arabic Calligraphy in the best and fastest possible way :)

It takes years, but I can put you in the right level/path where's after that the sky is the limit.

Keep in mind that there are different styles and each has its own rules.

As with teaching Arabic ..., I found the break it or make it factor is mainly the instructor/teacher as the information in question needs to be relayed in the mind set of the English speaker period and not the way around or mainly the subject matter itself because the subject matter (and many times its concepts too) is alien to the learner :)!.

It's rare to find someone who is a good teacher, experienced in the subject matter, and speaks both languages natively.

Luckily you have me here :) and I'll be more than glad to let you finally tell yourself with confidence "I am an Arabic calligrapher"!. 

How about this: the climax of my course will be to let you start and create your own Arabic calligraphy exhibition! it can be mini one and I can co-create it with you if you like :) to make things even easier and fun.

Just PM me

Later

Hi there.
Are you still willing to teach calligraphy classes??

Thank you!

Hi Katyte,

Welcome on board :)

Please note that this post here is dated 2011 :)

Feel free to start a new thread with all your question on the Riyadh Forum please :)

Thank you