Indian Restaurants Manila

Hey guys! I need your inputs here. i am looking for a great Indian Restaurant around Metro Manila, Philippines. Preferrably Southern Indian Cuisine. Feel free to post. Thanks!

Hi carlae!

I hope other members will show up with some good recommendations soon ;)

Regards
Armand

kashmir restaurant
located on Padre Faura St., Ermita
Phone No. 02 524 6851
They have also a branch in Makati along Pasay Road.

Banana Leaf Curry House
Located on ground level, The Plaza
Greenbelt, Ayala center, Makati
Telephone No. 02 812 8618

hi u can try visitin' this site.. hope it can help...

indianfoodsguide.com/indian-food-guide/indian-restaurants/asia/philippines/makati-city

Ive been to the one in Podium, top floor, Everyone claimed it was authentic but I thought the curries were too sweet (but are hot). Been localised.  Even my canteen has an Indian section that serves beef and pork (???) and loads it up with MSG. I've lived in Hyderabad, nothing is close.

I've tried a few indian curry houses in manila and none of them are any good. Best thing i did was find the indian grocery store in san antonio village, makati called the taj and make my own.

ZIggurat is good! there is the resto in THE COLUMNS! cant seems to remember of the rest now

angelstirera wrote:

ZIggurat is good! there is the resto in THE COLUMNS! cant seems to remember of the rest now

Zigg is more persian, but still good.

dhnindc wrote:
angelstirera wrote:

true! but its still not bad! ;) IM A PERSIAN FOOD LOVER! lol

Armand wrote:

Hi carlae!

I hope other members will show up with some good recommendations soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Yeah i hope.. :D thanks armand

funkydelicguy wrote:

kashmir restaurant
located on Padre Faura St., Ermita
Phone No. 02 524 6851
They have also a branch in Makati along Pasay Road.

Banana Leaf Curry House
Located on ground level, The Plaza
Greenbelt, Ayala center, Makati
Telephone No. 02 812 8618

Hi thanks! Kashmir is.. uhmm.. i categorize them as a northern indian cuisine. I was kinda looking for the taste of Southern India. I haven't ried Banan leaf though, thanks, will take note of that.

Kier: thanks, i think i've visited that link a couple of times. :D

dhnindc wrote:

Ive been to the one in Podium, top floor, Everyone claimed it was authentic but I thought the curries were too sweet (but are hot). Been localised.  Even my canteen has an Indian section that serves beef and pork (???) and loads it up with MSG. I've lived in Hyderabad, nothing is close.

I know, right! My friends are actually from Hyderabad too.. and I just am so frustrated about finding a place that serves something close to Hyderabadi food. I guess there is none. I tried Swagat in Rada Makati. Their verdict: acceptable. :D Will try that one in Podium soon. Thanks so much. Update me if you find anything new.

scouse_james wrote:

I've tried a few indian curry houses in manila and none of them are any good. Best thing i did was find the indian grocery store in san antonio village, makati called the taj and make my own.

I also found Incredible India Food Depot in Magallanes Village, Makati. I thought of it a hundred times---making them cook their own meal. Hahah.. so much for Filipino hospitality. Thanks James. Will try to visit that Indian store in San Antonio Vill.

M not sure if any restaurant serves Dosa.
Though I know some restaurants which serve some of the South Indian variety.

There's New Bombay restaurant in Belair. They serve Lemon Rice and Tomato Rice, which are generally a part of South Indian cuisine.

Then there is Swagat Indian Cuisine restaurant in Makati. They serve Rasam, Sambahar and Curd Rice, which are also part of South Indian cuisine.

To prepare Dosa at home, you can also get ingredients from grocery store which sell Indian grocery. Its quite easy to prepare using those ingredients. Just have to follow the instructions on written on the box.

Hope this helps!! :)

angelstirera wrote:
dhnindc wrote:
angelstirera wrote:

true! but its still not bad! ;) IM A PERSIAN FOOD LOVER! lol

I've heard of Ziggurat.. When I tried searching for Indian food, this Resto appeared but then the truth is it's more of a Mediterranean Cuisine. Closer to Arabic food than Indian. Although, their Yoghurt drink seems to be just the same as India's Lassi.. of which I, myself have learned to make.

Considering the number of Indian residents that Pinas has,, there should be Indian food by the region.. hehe..

@professional07: thank you! swagat serves Dossa but it starts from 3pm til 7pm i think.. :D we didn't have the chance to order it coz we were there for lunch, at 12noon. :D

carlae wrote:

@professional07: thank you! swagat serves Dossa but it starts from 3pm til 7pm i think.. :D we didn't have the chance to order it coz we were there for lunch, at 12noon. :D

ah! 3 to 7 only! :(
may be i will have to go between that time then! :D

Do yourself a huge favor, avoid all of them, speaking from personal experience here :(

Here's a list of places that I have been into -

Ziggurat - Makati Ave/Burgos Area

New Bombay - There's one in Glorietta 3 and another in Columns along Ayala Avenue in Makati

Queens of Bollywood - 2nd level, Greenbelt 3

Al Batra - Makati Ave (Near Burgos St)

Shawarma Snack Center (Persian) - Pedro Gil, behind Robinsons Mall

I'm still in search for other places. I'll let you guys know..

You may also want to try Assad's along UN Avenue and I think there's one along Jupiter St in Makati.

the one in Jupiter  is fantastic but i forget the name

londonchapinmanila wrote:

the one in Jupiter  is fantastic but i forget the name

I think its also called Queens but different from the one in Greenbelt 3.

Arup Roy Chowdhury wrote:

Do yourself a huge favor, avoid all of them, speaking from personal experience here :(

If you know a place, do let us know.. :)

Jupitor street one is called Legend of India

rkmu wrote:
Arup Roy Chowdhury wrote:

If you know a place, do let us know.. :)

Will do but not that hopeful, make a trip to India if you can one day and you will see where I am coming from :)

Most of the restaurant here in Manila is based on noth indian food. SO far i haven't found any south indian. but i can easly get spicess now in manila to cook for urself..that what im doing for last 3 months

hi!
I just tried the resto named Namaste India, its if Fort, Burgos Circle, behind the Sterlings Babk
the resto is small and the prices are surprisingly reasonabel for Burgos Circle area.
I liked the choises of the food, and the taste. the main for is that I guess they do not use MGS.

Hope you'll enjoy it too.

Best Indian Cusine in Manila -Sonali