American wants to move to Clermont-Ferrand

HI! My name is Jessica and I currently live in Texas, USA. This past semester my university job had 4 students from Clermont-Ferrand with us. They were doing their internship. I love everything they represent and am just fascinated with French culture. One of my new friends offered to let me live with her in Clermont-Ferrand for a few months after I graduate college in December. I REALLY want to do that but I am having some trouble figuring out how to find a job in Clermont-Ferrand. I do not want anything long-term because I do not speak French fluently and I am sure I will not qualify for those kinds of jobs. I am OK with any type of job. My degree will be in Management though. If anyone could give me some advice on what I need to look for to live in France for a few months, please let me know. I do not know how I will make money. If I really enjoy France, I plan to enroll in a Masters Program with ESC School of Management in Fall 2012.

Hello Jessica !

Welcome to Expat.com :)
I hope other members will advise you soon!

Regards
Armand

when I was in university, someone from the French embassy came and told us about some short-term exchange/internship program that offered American students and recent grads to work in France for a limited period.

This was like 10 years ago but maybe they still have similar programs available if you call your closest French embassy or consulate. The other thing to try is your own university's career center. My first working experience abroad was an internship funded by my school. An alum believed in international work experience and had funded a program. Maybe your school has similar programs for students and recent graduates.