English speaking moms

I just moved to Kolin with my husband and 10month old son.  I am looking to network with other english-speaking moms.

Hi gbantol,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope you get replies from other moms in Kolin very soon and do not hesitate to share your expat experience with us. ;)

All the best,
Christine

iam a mom with 3 children. we live in zambia and zambia has got
beautiful tourist attractions, it is a beautiful country,
i work for an NGO as aids advisor,i like singing for jehovah,reading the bible and preaching the good news.iam sure as a mother u are enjoying your mother hood.its nice to be a mother.gudday

injoy your motherhood,will keep in touch, iam english big mama
from zambia .i have three children the youngest is 15. will send my family snap, enjoy your day.

Hi gbantol,

Have you found a way to connect with some moms? I live in Prague and my kids are teenagers, but I know there is a playgroup for moms with babies and toddlers within the International Women's Association of Prague (IWAP). The train ride from Kolin isn't bad. My husband does it daily because he works in Kutna Hora. If you can't find anything in Kolin, you could join us here in Prague for some social time. There are two monthly luncheons: one is a meet and greet and the other is the general meeting, where the club conducts its business and presents interesting guest speakers. We have a morning and an evening book club, a photography club that meets at various times of the day, a hiking group on Sundays and a walking group on Wednesdays or Fridays, and some specially arranged tours of places like the National Theater. There are conversation groups in various languages if you'd like to exercise your French, Czech, German, etc. If you play bridge or mah-jong, there are groups for that, as well. There is also tennis and golf. We raise money for charities through special events and they are a lot of fun. We publish a monthly magazine full of interesting and helpful articles that you receive with your membership. We're always looking for writers, photographers, proofreaders, and people to help with layout.

Here's the website: iwa-prague.com/

I hope you meet some people in Kolin. I also hope you'll hop the train and join IWAP. :)

Kindest regards,
Staci H.

I am a mom of a 10 month old baby girl looking into moving to Prague. My family is German and my grandparents were born in Czechoslovakia way back when. I get up hearing German but I don't speak it or Czech. I'm looking to ask fellow English moms how their transition was and what i need to know BEFORE i go. Anything about your experience is MUCH appreciated. I really have no idea how anything works there!

Hello Memmalee  :cheers:

Welcome to Expat.com

Kindly note that you are participating on a quite old thread ( Nearly two years old! )

If however you do not get any response, I invite you to please create a new one so as to increase visibility and interaction on the latter.

Regards
Kenjee