Cost of living!!

Hello, i am new to the forum.Actually never thought of moving out. I have query and i am too concerned about it.
Actually i have a job offer for Ireland.the pay is 95000 euro/annual. 8000 euros/months- is it enough for a couple to live in Ireland and have some savings-- in current conditions of recession--
please some one help me with an advise

Hi vonderlust,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

@Christine!..umh-- ya I hope so:P

yes It should be. Rent has gone down significantly in Ireland over the last few years so where as you might have paid 1600 for a 2 bed apartment in central Dublin in 2002 you might now get it for 800-1000.Check out Daft.ie Rents in Cork are alot lower. Places like Lidl, Aldi and Tesco mean that you can do a cheap weekly shop as well.In general the price of everything has dropped so that should be plenty.

hi, i've been living in ireland for 5 years now and i find it very expensive compared to England. however if you will be earning 95,000 per annum there will be no fear of ye!( irish for you have nothing to worry about!) whereabouts in ireland would you be living?

8ooo a month in rip off Ireland is quite good. you will get accommodation for 1000 per month max, leaves you with 7000. weekly shop for 2 =200euros a week groceries etc thats cooking from home. so realistically you can save alot of money from this wage per month no problem.

Best of luck with the weather

Yes, that's a good wage.

Yes, you can save some money. There are living facilities available that vary according to your budget. You can select cheap facilities and save your money.

Mellismart wrote:

Yes, that's a good wage.

In any case, that's likely to be taxed significantly higher or cut. Ireland is bankrupt due to tax breaks on the wealthy.