Are there any Russian speaking Expats living in Mauritius?

Hallo everyone. My name is Anton. I am reallocating to Mauritius in two weeks from Russia as a professional to continue my career in the other company. My family will join me soon. Both myself and my wife are Russians. Are there any Russian speaking Expats on this forum and/or do you know by chance Russian speaking folks who live and work at Mu?
Thank you.
Anton

Hi, Anton. I am not expat yet, but plan to become one as soon as I am fired. I am thinking of several ways to get to MU, including self-employed and professional. Was it difficult to find a job? How did you do it? What sphere are you working in (I am in banking, too bad). Which city have you settled in? How is Mauritius to you (if you are already there)?
Let's keep in touch in case I finally move there together with my family, I understand there are not that many Russians in MU.
Thank you,
Roman

Roman,

Welcome to the Forum. I sent my reply to your private mail. Feel free to contact me should you have further questions. Regarding Russians, there are not many at all.

Da - imeytsa tyt rysskie :-)
:D kak dela, Anton ?
Kak jizn ??

Zhizn' otlichno! Spasibo. Davno na Ostrove?

1.5 years after the first post - the same question: Russians or Russian speaking people on the Island please, reply to this post. Спасибо!

Привет Антон. На острове достаточно русских,в основном девушки.
Мы с мужем тоже скоро приедим туда))

Hello

I don't know about the forum but there's a Dr(Mrs) Rajkoomar - I'll need to check the name again, and she lives and works in QB.She's Russian and I do see her quite often with her daughter, conversing in Russian. I have a friend who studied in Russia, I'll ask her if she knows anyone here.

There are Russians in Mauritius!!! Most of them are women and work for Tour operators here. I'll communicate them the address of this website so that they will be able to contact you through it.

there are many russians here!mostly women who married mauritians who were students in the ussr or present russia. n russian speaking people ,there are a lot. those who studied in ukraine in russian medium also add to the lot.not all russian women works for tour operators!some are housewives,some are doctors,etc..

Thanks to y'all for the input! Will try to get Russian women together :)

hi anton
nice to meet you very happy and welcome to mauritius anything required for help im here . myself rishi a mauritian expatriate to mauritius.

bye cheers

Привет всех! :)

Антон! Я Маврикиец и разговориваю по русский, и не только Я, но есть сейчас болше из нас которые говорят по русский.

If you need any kind of help you can contact me.
Just send me an email.

Welcome to Mauritius!
Ронни

Hello Anton,

Check out the Russian expatriates in Mauritius network!

It might help as well.

Hello Ronix,

Could you please write in English in this Anglophone forum so that other members can understand and participate as well.

Regards,
Sheetul

Thank you Ronix and we can take conversations in Russian off-line as I agree with Sheetul - not many people understand cyrilic. Or you can check my blog - it is bilingual.

Hi russian, my name is Andrey and i'm from Ukraine. I'm have just arrived to Mauritius. I'm very want to meet with somebody who know Russian. I'm finding friends. My phone number is 7492181

anry wrote:

Hi russian, my name is Andrey and i'm from Ukraine. I'm have just arrived to Mauritius. I'm very want to meet with somebody who know Russian. I'm finding friends. My phone number is 7492181

Hey Ukrainian :) welcome to Mauritius. Check your mail box.

Hey guys!
I came to Mauritius from Russia 2 weeks ago for an internship and going to stay here for 6 months. I speak Russian, English and poor German :) I live in Beau Bassin and can't wait to meet new friends here :)

Cheers everybody

Welcome to MU! Please, check your mail box.

For the Russian speaking families with children - there will be a New Year event organized for children prior to New Year in Russian Embassy in Floreal on Saturday.

Anton,

As a 1/4 russian, i would love to attend this new year party, even if it was for kids.. it would be good to meet some of the Russian families here.  i tried to see online if they have listed the info on their website, but i did not find anything. Do you mind posting the time and date? The russian comsulate is right around the corner from where i live but i doubt that they will disclose this info to any passer by..:)

Mariam

Mariam A wrote:

Anton,

As a 1/4 russian, i would love to attend this new year party, even if it was for kids.. it would be good to meet some of the Russian families here.  i tried to see online if they have listed the info on their website, but i did not find anything. Do you mind posting the time and date? The russian comsulate is right around the corner from where i live but i doubt that they will disclose this info to any passer by..:)

Mariam

Dear Mariam,

I am very sorry, but I jsut saw your message. Unfortunately, the information was spread by the organizers and Embassy was only kindly hsoting the event - that's why I believe there were no info on the web related to this...

Sorry again, next year will let you know for sure :)
Anton

Hi Anton,
I am indian, but lived in moscow for 22 years. my wife is russian. we wants to come and live there. what you can advise.
tks

Hi pikeev,

Could you please write in English in this anglophone forum?

Thank you.

Zdravo, moje ime je kris, Govorimmalo srpski, mogu biti možda pićednevno ; želim te vidjeti

Hello, i'm Kris & speak a little serbian, maybe can we take a drink a day ; see u soon

Hi everybody! My name is Anna. I was born in Russia, now married in Mauritius. Can`t wait to know a lot of new information and receive good advices.

privet vcem!minia zavut Raiyan i ceichas jivu i rabotau na mavrikii.bi bilo priatno poznakomitsa c ruskie devechki i drugie.help!))

yea u can write in english,koz most people do understand

vsem privet! :) Help me, plz! My huband got a job here. we plan to move here in spring 2012. i want to work, too but i don't know where to apply to. I know English, German, poor French. Used to be an AR Accountant before maternity leave.

privet elka.if u wana apply for a job in mauritius,u can log on myjob.mu
nadeus chto eto information budit helpful!mavriki,eto prosto prelect,esli muj poluchil chance cuda priejat i rabotat,to eto sudba xorowaya.
do sviaz!
Raiyan

In English please zaxid.;)

Thank you,
Harmonie.:)

thank you, Zaxid :)))

Hi All! Hi Anton & Olga ;) Nice to meet you here ))
My husband, me and our 2 kids are ukrainians, speaking Russian and Ukrainian. Live in Pereybere for 1 year already.

Oksana hallo! Say hi to the family - nice to see you on expats as well.

Privet vsem)))Hi everyone))

My name is Dasha, i'm from Ukraine! Just moved to Mauritius, going to live and work here))Now live in Grand Baie)) Looking for Russians here, wanna get in touch with "russian community" on an island)

Hope to see u soon))

Vsem poka i do vstrechi))):)

Добрый день! Меня зовут Наталья. Живу на острове уже более 10 лет. Буду рада новым знакомствам. Антон, мне кажется, что я уже знакома с вашей супругой :)

Natasha

this is the english thread. Can you please translate your message. thank you:)

Hello everybody!

Nice to meet all of you here :) I'm Russian and looking forward to get in touch!

Welcome to all the new and existing member of the community! Some exciting news are coming soon!!! Wait for the posts from Olga.

Hi. My name is Natasha. I am in Mauritius since more than 10 years. I am always happy to meet new people. Anton, it seems to me that I have already met your wife before :)))