UPS/Inverter for computer

Hi

Can anyone recommend web sites and companies that sell UPS/Inverters for computers, preferably in Westlands or surrounding areas. I'd like to be able to protect my computer and peripherals against power spikes and constant power cuts.

Thanks,
Karri

I assume that you mean spike and surge protectors (an inverter converts DC to AC).  These are widely available in supermarkets such as Nakumatt.  You can buy an extension lead with built in surge protection, or a device that plugs into the wall socket and has a similar socket on the front, for your appliances.  The second type cost around 2500 to 3000 each.  make sure you get the right one, as some are designed for appliances with low power consumption, such as a fridge.

A UPS makes sense with the frequent power cuts. Solatek is a South African brand available in supermarkets. There's also Su-Kam and some chinese brands around.

get in touch with PC world or Total Solutions (Ranx Xerox House - Amee Arcade) ask for Jabir - he will sort you out - tell him your my friend

Of the "device that plugs into the wall socket and has a similar socket on the front" type protectors.... The Sollatek ones are good but quite large. For electronic equipment I like the "Powermatic" brand ones they sell in Nakumatt for 2500 KSH as they are a lot smaller. They are good to carry when travelling too, and you can plug two devices into one of them (1 x universal plug, 1 x Euro 2-pin)

[Moderated: Please register yourself into Kenya Business directory]