New In Abu Dhabi

What does one do to socalise with fellow Indians in Abu Dhabi?

Hi kenyanbengali,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you get lots of new contacts here.

try hanging round the Cornishe beach on the weekend.....it's like Juhu

you know, I joined the British club in Mina, what a hopeless place, just stuck up people who feel they have made it in life (by coming to Abu Dhabi to work)....

if you are only looking for indians....you can go for desi night(thursday) in dubai.

where is that? in Dubai I am told life for Indians is better socially, is it true?
Yesterday I decided to be adventurous, went out in a taxi and asked driver to find me a Bollywood music place, can't say here where he took me, in Abu Dhabi that these places exist.....really shameful and difficult to digest....makes me wonder when we Indians will move away from opressing and exploiting our own kind....

Hi kenyanbengali
You can go to Indian night clubs in Dubai, asking taxi driver would not help, they might not be sure what kind of place u r looking for. Not much places are there in Abu Dhabi. If you like cultural shows, u can go to Indian cultural shows held in Indian Social Centre.

dont tell me the taxi driver took you to abudhabi marina yacht club.. Where they have some weirdly dark rooms(underground dance clubs!) quite embarrassing place.

check this out for desi night. http://www.timeoutdubai.com/nightlife/e … 0-no1-desi

I cant rem which hotel I went last time with my bengali and Indian friends who is crazy about hindi stuff. I like hindi songs but only few. Desi nights are on Thursday night and too crowded. It gives me headache honestly may eb im getting old! In dubai my Fav place is- Jambase in madinat jumiera, in AD- Yacht club in Intercontinental and Allure in YAS.

kenyanbengali wrote:

where is that? in Dubai I am told life for Indians is better socially, is it true?
Yesterday I decided to be adventurous, went out in a taxi and asked driver to find me a Bollywood music place, can't say here where he took me, in Abu Dhabi that these places exist.....really shameful and difficult to digest....makes me wonder when we Indians will move away from opressing and exploiting our own kind....

yes that's the place....
in dubai do can you only go as a couple?

in desi night- before 11 its free for ladies I think. or else 100 each. I think you can go alone but better to go with soemone. They have No you can call to find out.

jambase- free entrance.. alone or couple. they have live music plus dj. good crowd.

thanks...will go on thursday

Hi! Can anyone suggest anyone who caters from home ? Or any open kitchen in abudhabi where they sell desi food in bulk ?for just once a day. We have around 35 guests coming for a week.. And I can't seem to find an affordable option. 🙈any help would be great ! Thanks !