I am new in cairooooo

hey all i am new in cairo
bit lost wana make some friends heree
i am here for one month now working as a reporter..
kinda looking on making some new female expates friends for start
ur more than welcome to drop me a lineee
waiting for u :)

welcome to the forum (and welcome to Egypt of course :D) I hope you're settling in ok.
You'll find lots of friends on the forum I think. Hopefully some other people will introduce themselves and you can meet up with them. I organise socials on a regular basis (see the 'socials...' sticky on the forum) which you're welcome to come along to. Unfortunately I'll be away for a while but I'll organise something in a couple of weeks ;)
Elaine

arjavanderbeer wrote:

... looking on making some new female expates friends... :)

Only female? :rolleyes:... and it sounds like in Biology classification: MALE AND FEMALE!

i am still new here bit afraid from what i hear to hook up with the opposite sex...hehehe

i would like to welcome u to egypt too, "i was hesitated to do it because of the sex issue :p", am just welcoming  u around :)

arjavanderbeer
go to Socials for oldies and newbies and you will get to know a lot of fun people (female & expats) for a START only.
And don't be afraid of showing up because of you might hear of meeting bad people who could ruin the experience (not true), last time I showed up at such meeting, people were super fun and again ‘risk it to get the biscuit' I mean friends to have (Female & Expats)for a start. May your experience in Egypt be unforgettable in a positive way!

Hi Arja,

Welcome to the forum & Egypt. Easiest way to meet people is to attend El's social gatherings :-), you get to see people & judge for yourself :)

As for your fear of meeting the opposite sex well I wouldn't say the rumors don't hold some truth but as in everywhere in the world you'll meet good people & bad people & its independent of the place or sex ;)

So just hope you enjoy yourself & have a nice time & get to meet all the "nice" people none of the "not nice" people & make tons of good friends ;)

thanks ppl it definetly seem like i was getting a wrong kind of advice from ppl back home
looking forward to experience egypt
:)

arjavanderbeer
You are most welcome in Egypt, People here are so nice, and they r so funny, I enjoyed the gathering here so muchm, and you will have the opportunity to know males and females, all of them r so nice,
You are most welcome in EGypt
My advise: Don't listen to anyone, just try by your self and at the same time you have to takecare from everything till i know what is going on because alot of rumours come up nowadays
It was nice talking to u and we r looking forward to meet you soon
Cheers

Hiya, my name's Max and I've just arrived in Cairo myself (though I've visited a few times).  My brand new hubby (only married 2 months ago) has been here for a year and I came over last week with my cat.

I hope you're settling in ok, whereabouts are you living?  What do you think of Cairo so far?  Your job sounds very interesting, what's all the gossip ;o)  Heheee!  I'm hoping to get a job here soon, otherwise I might go crazy - at the moment I've taken to the road and decided to explore Cairo by car....well when I open my eyes in the scary traffic - heheee.

Nice to hear there's a fellow female finding her feet in Cairo (sure there's lots but still...)

Chat soon

M

Hi Max!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi Max,

Welcome to the blog & congrats on getting married :D

Hope you & your cat (since you are the new comers here ;)) find everything great make lots of new friends & enjoy every second of it :D

Hi Max, nice to have you here :-) hopefully you'll come to one of our socials in a few weeks' time (maybe leave the cat at home, sadly cos I love kitties!

Elaine

Hey arjavanderbeer, welcome to Egypt. I hope u have a great time here. Try not to let people's opinions and comments prevent u from enjoying ur time here. U should try to join us on our next outing. I guarantee that u'll enjoy urself. Looking forward to meeting u in person.

Hey Max, welcome to Egypt and congratulations on ur marriage. I wish u a life time of happiness. U can also join us on our next outing and u can get ideas about different jobs u could apply to. Hope to see u soon.

Rania

Huhu arjavanderbeer.
I think what you are doing is just right. I don't want to deny that there are a lot of nice guys here and they are all friendly and like to help (I am in a relation with an Egyptian, too)... but... if you have the choice then you should in the beginning meet either bigger and mixed groups or females only. The cultures are different and the relation between boys and girls differ from what we got taught in Europe. Get to know it first and then decide if you want to trust in so you meet on the internet... (maybe u got this already from the number of private messages that you got on this forum)
I don't want to offend anyone and u must think I am evil or frustrated but in my eyes it's the truth and you should admit that there are differences.
Anyway, just to return to the topic:  arjavanderbeer, if ever you want to meet 4 tea and shisha, I would love too meet you. who ever wants to join in just do it :)

Hey arjavanderbeer,

I have a women's group as well that you are welcome to join while you are here.  We are actually meeting today in Zamalek for some coffee:

meetup.com/cairo-queens

Click on 'Join Us'

Hope to meet you soon

hey welcome to egypt hope u enjoy ur brief time here :)

welcome and wish u a nice time here
and if u needed any male help drop for us and we will help.....:)

u welcome :)

how r you Arja
i'm Ahmed from Cairo.
i'd like to be one of your friend and know all about you
i know you're in Cairo, where do you live here?

would be happy to be ur friend
i am an egyptian male but no any intentions 4 dating
Just pure friendship
i would be in amsterdam on august

she said she will stay for a month, that was on may2011 and untill now and after one year, ppl are still welcoming her and offering help, funny :D

Since when av you been in Cairo,Some egytians re bad while some re warm and friendly, but you have to be careful having male friend they re form of sexual harassment..

Cenlin wrote:

she said she will stay for a month, that was on may2011 and untill now and after one year, ppl are still welcoming her and offering help, funny :D

:D:D:dumbom: .....egyptians....looooooooooooool

lol it's very funny guys ! What a helpful nation ! XD