New to delhi, looking for friends and conversation

Hello all,
I ve just joined this forum... I am Italian, living in London. I am thinking of moving to Delhi in Sept. I have already spent three months there few months back and thinking to go back to work in Delhi... My partner is Indian and lives there. I have found it very difficult while there so this time I want to prepare myelf to this move..this time it will be for couple of years. I believe it will be very helpfull to have some western friends among the indians one so I hope I will develop a nice relationship with some of you of all of you... I will pop in sometimes to ask some tip about living in India. Hope to hear your stories soon. Mariella

Welcome to Expat.com Mariella! :)

Hi, I'm moving to New Delhi soon. I also am an avid reader/writer.  We are looking for a place to live right now.  I would like to be around other writer/artists, but we also need to be within 5 miles of Gandhi airport.  I don't feel a need to be around a bunch of Americans, and I don't want to pay a premium.  We aren't loaded and aren't too fussy.  I would like to have clean water of course.

Where do you live and how do you like it so far?

[Moderated: Off topic]

Hello everybody!

Some of you are off-topic.:whistle:

Please concentrate on the initial topic.

Thank you,
Harmonie.:)

hi guys, good to see a delhi thread going....im neil and I am moving to gurgaon shortly from Delhi....I'm actually of Indian origin but born n raised in multiple places and my connect with India as restricted to annual family visits to India...I arrived in Delhi from London a few months ago and I guess im still settling in, trying to blend in with the local crowd lol

Hope to connect with like-minded people from around the world and share tips on how to go about exploring Delhi and India on the whole!

Hello all,
I am not too sure about moving to Delhi anymore....I am single now and scared to be very bored over there.. how is the situation????  I will be working in a University...but what about the spare time??
I need encouragement! ciao M.

hey mz.co, good to someone else from the UK here...I'm from milton keynes...whereabouts in london are u from? Delhi has turned out to be pretty cool so far!

Its a great hub for theatre and art, good places to hang out, great food choices and can be fun if u find the right social group...

I'd suggest that you take your time and consider your options before you move though....u cud probably visit for a while again and then make a choice....Cheers!

Ciao Mariella,
it's not easy but doable. You just need to get in the right circle of people and then it's gonna be one party after the other :) Anyway you have been here already and you should know how things work. Glad to help you if I can.

CIAO
CIPO

PS
I am italian too ;)

Hello guys..
I have a get together in my Night Club Kuki on Friday which is a retro night. I would like to invite expat members from expat-blog for the same and it will be totally on the house for you guys.
You can reach me for more details.
Cheers
Ravzz x

Hi Dorian,
Howe's life treating you here?
Cheers!

Hey everyone,

Nice to see all the expats being on one single platform i.e. Expat.com, thnx a lot Expat.com.

I also live in gurgaon and would love to be wid u guys.

Weekdays r 2 busy but weekends can work.

Nice initiative by HTgeek, suze13,dorian, cipo and all others.

If have ny plans, do let me know.

Cheers, nd enjoy ur stay here in Delhi/gurgaon.

Thnx

Dorian,

Man, I've been in Delhi for a year and it's been disappointing to see how dead the city's been in comparison some of the other parts of the country. However, there are places to hang out at if you're into history and culture and all that comes with it. If you chill sometime over a beer (and maybe a joint?), get in touch!

Cheers!

And Michelle, clean water should be easy enough. I'd be worried about much more if I were you, Delhi's quite the bitch for women from what I've seen and the stories I've heard from friends. Be safe, carry plenty of pepper-spray or a taser and you should be fine.

Hi Mariella,
Look forward to you being in India.
Stay connected.
Cheers!

Thanks.....I should be in delhi at the end of Sept. Ciao

Hi, this is Kumar an Indian from New Delhi. I like cultural fusion and looking for friends. Thanks

Hi all ..............good afternoon............ :)

hello everyone,
I am a French student, I have just arrived in Delhi and I do not know many people. I am one month and a half in Delhi. I would like to meet new people out, visit, have fun

Hey yanis, welcome to delhi!

Yanis .............how are you? welcome to my city......Delhi, city of love.
feel free to write

cheers

Same here !! i also like to meet new people from diff places and to make more friends............
:)

bipraraj wrote:

welcome to my city......Delhi, city of love.

Agree with that – Delhi – the heart of India – I love it!!! Soon will be there, so, friends, take me to your company!!!

sure my friend................

Hello Andrew?

How are you? Hope you are enjoying your stay in Delhi.

Feel free to contact for any help.

bipraraj wrote:

Yanis .............how are you? welcome to my city......Delhi, city of love.
feel free to write

cheers

what do you mean the city of love ? city of love are Bangkok, Pattaya, Angeles city, and so on so on.....ehehehhe

Giotto

Hi allfriends.
I am so happy to see you all here.
[Moderated: off-topic]

Hi.! I just Moved in to Gurgaon DLF from new delhi are there any other Expat people around .? its hard one for me though! to Understand My new neighborhood :D . so just looking Forward to know More people to hang out with. If any one lives in same Location or around are most welcome...so how about a  beer or to Chitchat with...just drop a Line :)
Cheers

Max

hey Max!! how ya ?
Ya, Gurgaon is not so happening like Delhi..........I commute to Gurgaon every day to office but i never planned to shift there ............i can understand..........but i guess it will be used to after few days.........

Bips

I will be coming to Delhi a few times throughout this year from South India, so it would be lovely to meet you! Please send me your phone number or email and when I'm there I will get in touch with you! Take care!

Hi friends.
Can you give me one chance to get in touch with you please?
contact me please:

‘No man is an island', a famous line said. Go out and make friends with your co-workers or roommates. Your new friends would help you learn more about your new place and help you feel at ease. Indulging yourself in loneliness would just prolong your adjustment and it is not healthy. Your new friends will help you feel the sense of belongingness that you need.Make an effort to learn more about your new country by stories, books and basic facts about it. Learning their culture and language would also help you know and understand your new environment. You may also find similarities with your host country and your own country which will help your adjustment easier.Hope this would help you alot. If you need any help then just inbox me. Take Care! -Keanu :)

Friends, how about meeting on this friendship day, all we who can connect in new delhi..............plz reply.

bips

Hi. I moved to Delhi last Friday and am currently staying in a company guest house in Mayur Vihar, but am looking to locate to somewhere within South Delhi. It would be really good to meet fellow expats for conversation, drinks, food and travel.

I have lived in the Leeds area in the UK. I now work in the companies Noida office. My job should take my around India, but it would be good to visit places with other people. I like most sports, books, films, music and good food.

hey..sorry bit late to this blog!!!!

any expats from Gurgaon still here? if so let me know..ive been here a year and not had the chance to meet up with any expats!!

Bally :-)

Hello Harsh and welcome to Expat.com!

Harmonie.:)

Hi......

hi lella hows goin ?

:)

Have looked at some apartments in Defence and Friends Colony. Dont seem to get a straight answer from agents. The price doesnt seem to be in my budget even after asking to see places in my budget.

If those in the Defence Colony and Gurgaon dont mind answering how much rent are you paying a month for how many rooms?

Any tips on apartment hunting?