New to delhi, looking for friends and conversation

I just moved to delhi, I'm looking for good people to hang out and talk with. Im into music, art, philosophy, language, literature etc. message me if you wanna grab a beer and hang out sometime.

peace
andrew

hi andrew,firstly how are you? Hope you having a good time in New Delhi...I would like to know about your experience in Delhi..Life is very different here for you,how do you pass your time? Besides,there's is nothing much to do in the evening all the shops close by 10 p.m and pubs are only open till 12 p.m.well,take it easy its a nice place though....i'll write again soon......cya !:)

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

Thanks Christine.

Hey Keanu, I like delhi, its kinda boring sometimes, for the reasons you described, but Im enjoying it. Im an english teacher, so I spend a lot of my time reading, writing, and preparing lessons. otherwise I wander around new districts of the town. any recommendations? in the west we have things like coffee shops and lounge/bars where you can get a drink and spend time reading and talking, is there anything like that here?

paz

Hi Andrew

Welcome to Delhi... It is an interesting place and if you tell me more about what you are looking for (restaurants, books shops, etc) then perhaps I can point you in the right direction...

For coffee shops, try Khan Market - there is Cafe Turtle (part of Full Circle bookshop), Barista, Cafe Coffee Day... Also great eateries - Big Chill Cafe, Latitude, Mama Goto, cafe Oz, etc ...

Enjoy your stay.

Hi lawyergirl!

Welcome to Expat.com :)
Thanks for your contribution!

Armand

Hi lawyergirl,

I guess Im just looking for places to lounge around and read and buy drinks alcohol or not, places that have live music on occasion are a plus, and Im really looking for places that aren't quite as sterile as cafe coffee day.  but generally Im looking for places with sofas that aren't going to push you to buy a meal or a lot of drinks. Thanks for the suggestions, Ill check out khan market, Ive been meaning to get down there anyway.

pax

hi
i ll tell u the exact way of living in delhi

pls show int and send me a msg

May I help you please?

Hi Andrew

Hi,

Well I have found that there arent many loungy coffee places.... I've spent an afternoon waiting for a friend in Latitude - lazing over a coffee with a book.  Once I even sat upstairs in the McDonalds in Khan market on a warm afternoon with their cold coffee (effective aircon being the motivation)...  I guess it depends on what the mood is.  Full circle bookshop has Cafe turtle upstairs... And for a more laid back time I like Cafe Oz...  All in Khan Market ofcourse.  And there is Amici, the Side Wok, and Mrs Kaur's Crepes, etc

In Sunder Nagar market, there is Baci - usually quiet at lunch time so one can take one's time chatting with a friend of reading a book, and its not as busy as Big Chill (in Khan Market) and Mama Goto (also in Khan Market).

For a quiet leisurely meal,  I like Ploof in Khanna market...  Love the food there... again not too busy so one can lazy over a meal and spend a few hours having a coffee.

There are other food haunts like the cafe at the Italian Cultural Centre (which has drooly good food).

But to sit and take in the atmosphere, lazing on a couch people watching over a few cups of coffee with wi fi internet, I doubt you'll find that kind of place as things are just too commercial here...

dorian821 wrote:

Thanks Christine.

Hey Keanu, I like delhi, its kinda boring sometimes,

yeah' you are right Delhi, is not a really vibrant city, as Bangkok, or Shanghai, or Manila, need a good network of peoples, as indian culture is a bite close.

Have good time here, as i try to do :-)

Giotto

hey,
well,,if you belongs to literature then you would like to go to the historical places like old Delhi,where you can find great architecture,much of it being mughal...but,i think probably u wont like it,coz,i think u dont wanna go there,its freaky...and may be u haven't seen any lounge or club in delhi..there are alot of night clubs and lounges are there...in south ext. its lizard lounge and double decker.As im a food lover i can tell you some places...A great place just off Connaught Place is the QBE bar and restaurant.Very large, airconditioned comfortable sofas and bar and a large terasse from where you have wonderful views (if it is not too hot) and can see over all of New Delhi.
Dress Code: Casual smart or as the theme dictates (they have retro evenings and all sorts of events)

On regular days, the place is a restaurant serving southeast asian cuisine. On Saturday evenings, the place is converted to Delhi's hippest bar filled with interesting, fun loving and beautiful people. Oh did I mention beautiful people?im talking im talking about Taj mahal hotel.

and and now one of Delhi's finest, the music is pretty good - it goes from pop to techno later at night...open late! the cover charge on the weekends is 3k per couple, during the week i think its free entry for girls and 2k for guys.
the drinks are expensive here. if you like there is also a 500INR all you can eat indian food buffet nestled on the side.its f-bar....so thats it,there are so many;)

peace

Hi Andrew,

In weekend  i used to visit gurgoan because my friendl living and working there. It would be gr8 to meet you..

what do you think ?

we can ask Giotto and other join us...

regrds
HTgeek

I'm in Gurgaon too! I've just moved out here 1 week ago! Let me know :)

htgeek wrote:

Hi Andrew,

In weekend  i used to visit gurgoan because my friendl living and working there. It would be gr8 to meet you..

what do you think ?

regrds
HTgeek

Hi HTgeek, it will be fine to meet all of you, and if we can do it on sunday will be more great cause on weekdays, im busy at work and i finish a bite later. But we can experience to have a drink or dinner togheter and will be good if also other expats can join us. I live in Def Colony, so just let me in advance where will be comfortable to meet, and i can reach all of you :-)

Giotto

Giotto wrote:
htgeek wrote:

Hi Andrew,

what do you think ?

regrds
HTgeek

Hi HTgeek, it will be fine to meet all of you, and if we can do it on sunday will be more great cause on weekdays, im busy at work and i finish a bite later. But we can experience to have a drink or dinner togheter and will be good if also other expats can join us. I live in Def Colony, so just let me in advance where will be comfortable to meet, and i can reach all of you :-)

Giotto

HI Giotto,

Thanks for quoting,

Sure its fine to meet at weekends, since your in D.C so we can meet near either south ex or gurgaon... well suze13 and others in gurgoan  so we can also go there. what do you think ?

please contact detail through PMb  to get in touch with you and finalize.

waiting your PMB
Regards
HT..G

suze13 wrote:

I'm in Gurgaon too! I've just moved out here 1 week ago! Let me know :)

Hello suze13,  How are you ?. well great to see you here in Expat.com.  I and Giotto and other Expat planning  to go for meet-up in weekend. let me suggest where we go for meeting either gurgoan or delhi as per the earliest convenience

Regards
HT

Hey! I should be around on the weekend, although I'm not 100% sure of what's happening. Where are you guys thinking of meeting and when? I'll definitely really try to make it! :)

Thanks,
Suze

Hi I aloso live in Gurgaon...  Would like to meet up with a few of you and just have coffee or a beer.
If anyone whants to get together later today, let me know, send me a note or post a reply. 

It would be great to just hang out and have good conversations...

Best Eugenio

what a coincidence,all starangers live in a same place!:P

Hey i'm in Gurgaon too.

Available for meeting

Hi all
I m going to work to New delhi next Sunday. I will live in Gurgaon and i wont to meet with somebody to take a beer or go to somewhere
I have nothing to do in in the weekends, and i finish my work at 5 p.m so, everyday is good to meet
See you soon

In Gurgaon too now :) Had a rough start but now settling in :)
what's the plan ?

Guys, lets plan meetup. its better i think, what do you think ?

That sounds good...
Anyone up for beer or coffee?

EOthello wrote:

That sounds good...
Anyone up for beer or coffee?

Sure, lets plan

HI ALL OF YOU

hi all :-)

NOONE ARE ONLINE

MY NO IS 9335577787

neelam i  will call you soon

Hi neelam!

I think an introduction would be appreciated.
Can you please avoid using caps lock when writing on the forum as well?

Thanks and regards
Armand

neelam wrote:

MY NO IS 9335577787

hi neelam, how are you ???

hey members I am not a true Delhite but did my masters from delhi. I am back to Delhi after 3 years... Let me know if anyone of you wanna connect for drinks.

hey skapoor, what is a sagi?

sagi - Sagittarius...

Hello skapoor!

I was wondering too about the meaning of Sagi.

Thank you for the info. ;)

Regards,
Harmonie.

Hi, I'm also in Defence Colony. There are quite a few nice bars and restaurants there - if you are looking for a leisurely coffee with a bit more character than CCD, you could try Bagel's cafe in the main market. I lingered over a couple of coffees for a good while there yesterday - the service is not that great but it's a nice enough place.

Chris

Hey all,
I would be intersted in meeting some new pepole too. I am sachin and I live in gurgaon and work here too. and now looking to meet new people and make friends.

cheers!