Computer hardware

is there any place better than Olaya computer market  ?
i got the prices and part numbers  ,   the difference is over 500 $$ , i dont want to order my parts again from the US , the warranty is important , plus the time until the parts are shipped is too long .

if u got a good place that doesnt rip off , please mention it here , i already know about jarir , salihiya market , al jaffal market.

What type of computer hardware are you looking for specifically?

Arbab wrote:

here goes :

1-Processor : i5 3.1 GHz with built-in fan=============================price is 200$
2-fan for the processor : thermaltake , 1SGC-100=======================price is 45 $
3-Motherboard : Asus P8p67-M-PRO================================price is 230$
4-PSU: Gigabyte 720 Watts======================================price is 95$
5-RAM: 2x 2 GB Gskill DDR3 1333==================================price is 54$
6-VGA: EVGA 1024 Nvidia GTX 560Ti================================price is 385$ { obvious ripoff , but the whole market is the same }
6-VGA alternative : sparkle GTx 460 2gb=============================price is 306 $$
7-Case : need a good looking one , and good for hot temp places ===========less than 100$
8-Hardisk: seagate 1 TB , 75000 RPM ===============================price is 65 $$ {samsung is not available }
9-dvd , mouse keyboard, led monitor already owned

The Olya computer market is good place as long as you have the technical knowledge relating to the IT hardware.

For none technical people (buying a computer etc) it is probably easier and more reliable to use Jarir, Extra, Best etc...

Xtrem wrote:
Arbab wrote:

here goes :

1-Processor : i5 3.1 GHz with built-in fan=============================price is 200$
2-fan for the processor : thermaltake , 1SGC-100=======================price is 45 $
6-VGA: EVGA 1024 Nvidia GTX 560Ti================================price is 385$ { obvious ripoff , but the whole market is the same }
6-VGA alternative : sparkle GTx 460 2gb=============================price is 306 $$
7-Case : need a good looking one , and good for hot temp places ===========less than 100$
8-Hardisk: seagate 1 TB , 75000 RPM ===============================price is 65 $$ {samsung is not available }
9-dvd , mouse keyboard, led monitor already owned

I would recommend the Olaya Market , you can take your configuration there and ask for a quote, then u can compare quotes from different shops and decide which one you think is good for you.
You can ask anything regarding this, as i spent my high school days working there ;)

the prices i post are from olaya market , the computer should cost me 700 USD , yet here it exceeded the 1000USD .

Am asking for an alternative

Xtrem wrote:

the prices i post are from olaya market , the computer should cost me 700 USD , yet here it exceeded the 1000USD .

How do you know it should cost you 700$?
If you are comparing with prices in the US, then bear in mind , stuff in the US is a lot cheaper and easily available than in the KSA.

Note: there is no lower pricing in KSA than that from Olaya Market.

SaQiB wrote:
Xtrem wrote:

If you are comparing with prices in the US, then bear in mind , stuff in the US is a lot cheaper and easily available than in the KSA.

yes , am comparing to the Us ,france , and germany prices , that sucks if the prices are worldwide only excluding gulf  xD

Unfortunately, most technology items are premium priced in KSA.

Compared with the UK (my home country) the prices for technology items - computers, phones, they are significantly more expensive here in Riyadh. Even if you buy from the dealers!

In Riyadh the Olya computer market is by far the cheapest place for computers.

Xtrem wrote:
SaQiB wrote:
Xtrem wrote:

yes , am comparing to the Us ,france , and germany prices , that sucks if the prices are worldwide only excluding gulf  xD

Well, i'd say you better buy it from Olaya Market, Take quotes from big shops like PCnet and other shops and compare them, i assure you would not get any lower prices than those given there, try bargaining a bit. Also remember if you buy overseas, it would void the warranty and also consider shipping costs and time :)

THX guys , i found a solution ,  i got it from lebanon, well , the VGA and the processor , i saved 200$$

but please , post the known computer market , as i understand from sqib , there is a place called PCnet , is there any else ?

Xtrem wrote:

THX guys , i found a solution ,  i got it from lebanon, well , the VGA and the processor , i saved 200$$

but please , post the known computer market , as i understand from sqib , there is a place called PCnet , is there any else ?

-PCnet
-Shadady

both offer quality services.
Also check around other shops. Be sure to buy sealed boxes, as i know from when i used to work there, some stuff is sold with things "missing" , you know what i mean. Just make sure what u buy is sealed and is unpacked and assembled under your eyes.

what will be the average price for new desktop machine?

Syed MT wrote:

what will be the average price for new desktop machine?

for a 800 USD 7/10 machine  it'll cost u over 1300+ USD  [ both excluding monitor]
check out this good gaming PC  its about 860 USD

the one i am building  could have cost me $400 extra , that's a 1500 SAR extra

Hi

There is a local website market you can find some of your stuff
Not all in less prices this is the web site adslgate.com
But it's in Arabic if you want me to help you PM me

Thanks

Well, I purchased a desktop machine fr 975 riyals.

having the following specs,
3.0 Ghz Dual core
GigaByte MB
4 Gb DDR3
500 GB HD
LG DVD writer
ATX Casing

any comments,

Syed MT wrote:

3.0 Ghz Dual core
GigaByte MB
4 Gb DDR3
500 GB HD
LG DVD writer
ATX Casing

any comments,

when did you got that one its an old PC

week ago

Syed MT wrote:

3.0 Ghz Dual core
GigaByte MB
4 Gb DDR3
500 GB HD
LG DVD writer
ATX Casing

any comments,

3.0 ghz  is it I5 I3 I7  ?? what kind of proces.
4 gb DDR3  goes for 40 USD 
500 GB hD   the 1 Terra samsung sata2 is 40 Usd
lg dvd writer for 20usd max
atx casing , can go as low as 25 usd

if you can post the details i can provide you with the price u can get outside ,and inside saudi

I dnt knw 15 16 17
what is that

I already purchased for 975 riyals from khobar computer market.

Syed MT wrote:

I dnt knw 15 16 17
what is that

I already purchased for 975 riyals from khobar computer market.

its not 15 16 17   , its I5  I7  btw there is no I6
the processor type

I dnt knw,

its pentium dual core

need suggestions i want to assemble gaming desktop but my budget is 1500 with lcd monitor corei3 or i5 500gb 1gig vga and 4 gig ram is it possible with this specs

Yes its Pentium Dual core,

TONELTS wrote:

need suggestions i want to assemble gaming desktop but my budget is 1500 with lcd monitor corei3 or i5 500gb 1gig vga and 4 gig ram is it possible with this specs

here ya go , these are available in the saudi market

7-Case==============================================================less than 30$
8-Hardisk: seagate 1 TB , 75000 RPM =================================price is 65 $$ {samsung is not available }
9-dvd   mouse keyboard===============================================price is 30 $$
10-Samsung led monitor 23" that goes 1920x1080======================got mine for 250 USD

Good luck and let me know if u need any help

can any one help me .
i live in riyadh saudi arabia
a want to buy a nice cheap gaming pc parts from olaya market things i already have=
pc case
dvd rom and writer
power suply 300 watt
key board,mouse
can any one tell me all the specification and prise {cheap}
for buying parts and tell me wat should i replace and buy excluding moniter
thank you
plzzz help :|

can anyone help me i need to build my own custom pc. can i find all this parts here in riyadh? here's the specs.

intel core i7-2600k
asus sabertooth p67 mother board.
cpu fan cooler master hyper 212 plus
memory- consair vengeance 8gig
video card- EVGA GTX 570
Power supply- Silverstone ST85F-P 850 watts
HDD- Western digital 1TB

can anyone tell where i can find this parts?
plzzzz.. helep :|

i posted on another topic about where to buy parts , u can find the topic here https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=87322

xpatjocas wrote:

can anyone help me i need to build my own custom pc. can i find all this parts here in riyadh? here's the specs.

intel core i7-2600k
asus sabertooth p67 mother board.
cpu fan cooler master hyper 212 plus
memory- consair vengeance 8gig
video card- EVGA GTX 570
Power supply- Silverstone ST85F-P 850 watts
HDD- Western digital 1TB

can anyone tell where i can find this parts?
plzzzz.. helep :|

That's close to what I just built - I am coming to Saudi in the beginning of august and decided to was better to just build it here and bring it with me:

I7 2600K (Stock at 3.4, I have it overclocked to 4.7 without a problem)
H50 Liquid CPU cooler
Corsair 850W Enthusiast Power supply
Asus Z68 Pro motherboard
16gb of Corsair Vengeance Ram
Nvidia Evga 590 GTX Classified VIdeo Card
120gb Solid State Drive
1.5gb x 3 Western Digital Sata 6gb Drives.
All inside a LANBOY AIR case

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone gets together for LAN Parties in Riyadh.

Xtreme,
Last time i buy some parts in olaya riyadh at same store named softland when i checked out the price theres a little difference in softland jeddah. They told me that they are same company but they have price difference. In jeddah is around sr 50 to 100 less than riyadh softland.

Jyurong,
Its better if you buy all your pc parts in us, coz here in saudi arabia not all parts are available. Thats why i cant overclock my i7 further than 4.4 ghz. I cant find a crosair h100 here thats why i purchased a khuler antek but still over heating my processor up to 75.

All of my pc parts came from softland jeddah and universal pc in jeddah which is located at city center building in madina rd.

Asus rampage 3 extreme - sr.1500
I7 960 3.2 to 4.4 ghz -sr.1100
Kingstone hyper x 4gb x 6 1600 - sr. 1100
1 tb hdd western digital and intel 120 solid state hdd - sr. 250 + 1200
Antek khuler h2o 60 - sr. 520
Xfx 6970 x 2 crossfire - sr. 1500 x 2
Thermaltake 1200 watts toughpower - sr. 1350
Thermaltake chaser mk casing - sr. 1100
Dell 19" x 3. Eyeinfinity - sr. 700 x 3

This are the prices last year oct. 2011

ugh i just need a new case right now.

mine got dented all up on the way from the states.

how much is the AMD A-6 3500 APU TRICORE?????and also asus F1A55-M mother board...in olaya market?