Place for jogging

Hello everybody. Does anyone know a nice place for runner near tahlia and holaya. or any suggestions for sport activity

Have you considered Riyadh Road Runners they organise running?

try around Prince Sultan University. It is located in Exit 10.

Most people went there for a walk or jogging. Its seems to be a nice park. But at this time of the year, it must be hot even at night..so its up to you to decide.

Ok thanks a lot guys. it's definitely to hot for anything outdoor.

hey my kingdom i would advice you to wait till September or october and try the park at the D.Q. but for now i think now the only way is to the gym.

mykingdom wrote:

Hello everybody. Does anyone know a nice place for runner near tahlia and holaya. or any suggestions for sport activity

Hi,

The nearest thing for you would be King Fahd Medical City, There is no particular jogging track but a lot of people (male & female) walk/jog around it.

yeah sly ,i used to go there too..nice place...only if u not alone:(

mykingdom wrote:

As SLY told, the nearest place is the Medical City, Give it a try.

Oh yes it's near. I will try it in September for now I think of buying a treadmill :cool:
thanks again :):)

its quite pleasant in the evenings, if u want to venture Prince Sultan University, i go there pretty much every day... its 4.4km all the way around!

nonz wrote:

yeah sly ,i used to go there too..nice place...only if u not alone:(

i haven't seen you jog there. lolz :):)

Ok, so aside from the following areas:

1. Prince Sultan University Loop
2. KFMC Loop
3. Diplomatic Quarters

Where are the other areas where you won't have any problems running?

The diplomatic quarter is the best place, its also safe for a single lady :-)

I'll be moving to Riyadh (near Olaya/Tahlia) in a few weeks.  Is it permissable to wear shorts when running--either outdoors or in a fitness center like FirstFitness in the Localizer Mall?  An old 80s-expat told me "No."  I just wanted to confirm.  Thanks!

Yes, if knee-covering ones.

GreatLaker wrote:

I'll be moving to Riyadh (near Olaya/Tahlia) in a few weeks.  Is it permissable to wear shorts when running--either outdoors or in a fitness center like FirstFitness in the Localizer Mall?  An old 80s-expat told me "No."  I just wanted to confirm.  Thanks!

If you are running in the diplomatic quarter (DQ) shorts are fine. I run in running Knicks and a singlet. In the gym I tend to wear slightly longer one (soccer shorts). I have never ran on the streets, it looks a bit mental to me so I am not sure what you would get away with there.

GreatLaker wrote:

I live in the area as well ans sometimes go to the gym at the Localizer Mall.  Wearing shorts in the gym is not big deal out outside (in public) is a bit different.  Like TLL mentioned the "shorts" must go below the knees.

GreatLaker wrote:

From some of the guy walkers and runners i've seen around kfmc walkpath/circuit (which is outdoors), it's fine to wear shorts as long as you're male. Some other arab nationals wear those super short shorts and it's fine; the muttawas don't bother stopping them. Others wear above the knees shorts and tank tops and no one looks at them weird or stops them when they're jogging or running though it's a public walkpath.

x0mi07 wrote:

Some other arab nationals wear those super short shorts

:blink:   

(I'll have to get over there one of these days lol)

Alliecat wrote:
x0mi07 wrote:

Some other arab nationals wear those super short shorts

:blink:   

(I'll have to get over there one of these days lol)

The basketball shorts circa 1979.:lol: It's shocking but neither the men wearing them nor the men seeing them seem unfazed.:cool:

Thanks for the anwers, everyone.  Very helpful.

I've got my lightweight garb now:  below the knees, short sleeves...all I miss are hardwood trees.  ;)

I use a local mall and do mall walking. Try and find a mall where the stores are closed between 12 and 4 and you can run until your hearts content.

Can women jog there too? in running tights or loose running pants?

yes, you can wear shorts. but if your skin looks like a models with less hair it will be different altogether. but officially, less skin the better. go wear a pajama.

AJMckay wrote:

Can women jog there too? in running tights or loose running pants?

yes but only if you are a woman and i'm your chaperone. jk lol.

no tights please.