Eye Lasik / Lasek Sugery

Hello,

I would like to have my eyes operated so that I don't require glasses or lenses anymore.

My eyes are very important to me as you can imagine. Therefore I'm seeking some recommendations from the Expats living here. Would you be able to share phone number, address and the name of a good surgeon in Riyadh? You could PM me the details for privacy reasons if required.

Thanks,
Mario

Mario,

There is an eye specilaist as Suliman Habib Clinic. You can look at his qulifications and experience online. Its detailed on the website.

Thank you, but the question is if you can recommend him and give me the contact details. Sorry, but I only have one pair of eyes and would like to keep them, so trust is a huge issue here.

Thanks again,
Mario

From what I have researched in this, I think I can tell you that the prices over here are much more when compared to elsewhere. SO it would be wise to find out more about the price of the same back at your place.

In Europe it is far more expensive. Hence people come to the middle East, Russia, Argentina, South Africa etc. to do this surgery.

in lebanon it costs 700 USD and around a 1000 usd in the american university hospital .
i dont recommend doing it in saudi , since the atmosphere is dusty and the eye need at least one week intensive care [ eye drops , less light intensity ,... . ] but the eye damage due to bad care wont show until late age.

oh and sulayman habib's hospital they take 2700 sar or more [ excluding the eye check exam ]

in Alexandria, Egypt its cheaper than here and better.
there is very famous Ophthalmologist he is also General.

So, did you find the best place with quality and cost?

Xtrem wrote:

in lebanon it costs 700 USD and around a 1000 usd in the american university hospital .
i dont recommend doing it in saudi , since the atmosphere is dusty and the eye need at least one week intensive care [ eye drops , less light intensity ,... . ] but the eye damage due to bad care wont show until late age.

oh and sulayman habib's hospital they take 2700 sar or more [ excluding the eye check exam ]

i think youre missing some Zero's there buddy. you sure you dont mean 27,000??

Sorry, haven't been on this website for a long time. Will try my best to be more active.

I found now one doctor, he was recommended by an Austrian friend of mine.

He is Saudi, but also operate in Europe. He is using a "new" method called "Epi Lasek", which is smoother than the previous operation methods. His costs were 9000 SAR in my case.

Done the operation about 3 month ago and I'm very happy with the results.

He is closed to the Euromarche. Let me know if you need the contact details and I will PM them to you.

Cheers,
Mario

borntobemild wrote:
Xtrem wrote:

i think youre missing some Zero's there buddy. you sure you dont mean 27,000??

dude, i did a prk-lazer myself , that's why i've been away since  a while ,  Prk-lazer and Lazik cost the same. 
with the eyedrops ,eyes protection , sunglasses , and the extra stuff, the whole thing could reach 1000 USD

Hi Mario

I was wondering if you could give me the details of the eye surgeon you used.

And by the way, are you still happy with the results?

Cheers

Phil

I am a US LASIK surgeon who has previously considered a position at HMG. I have done about 25,000 LASIK  over 16+ years. There are a couple of experienced LASIK surgeons at HMG in Riyadh and I think that in a few months another experienced LASIK surgeon from UK named Dr. Kamzi coming to that hospital system. You should do well with those surgeons.

Check out Dr. Mansoor Farooqi, He works in Dr. Sulaiman Al Habib Hospital Rayan Branch located on Khurais Road, My cousin got her laser surgery through him. He is really good and my cousin did not had any problems. you may refer to him. I dont now how much he charged for it.

Hello philmoore,

yes, I am still happy, even that I am not listen to the doctor and look away from the screen every 30 minutes for at least a few seconds. I guess then my result would even better. Still, it is amazing how it feels not to use any use of correction and being able to wake up and see everything clear. Great feeling and best investment ever.

Doctor is close to Euromarche and I sent about 10 people already to him, every one has been very satisfied.

Dr. Y. Al-Megbel Medical Center
Telephone: 4889900

Cheers,
Mario

Hi Mario, Moshin82 and Themoe,

Thanks a lot for the info and the advice.

(And sorry if the thanks seem a bit late. Didn't check back for replies until today.)

Hi There....
I know this is an old thread... but was wondering if anyone else went to Dr. Y. Al-Megbel Medical Center? and would you recommend?? Please advise

Also... How long were you out of work for? or can you go to work right away...

Thanks a lot expat friends :)

Hello Johnro,

I did it just the last day before the weekend, so I just missed that one day. Was able to go to work first day of the next week.

You are not able to see clear for a few hours and your eyes are blurry, but after a few hours you can see well and next morning clear as a bird.

This is now years ago and I still believe it has been one of the best decisions of my life. No more glasses and contacts. You wake up and you can see.

Cheers,
Mario

dr. mansoor farooqi is one of the doctor im assisting here in HMG ar rayyan

hi missi
do you recommend  dr mansoor?

i know a bit late to ask, is there anyone try doc yusuf as mentioned by mario

regards

me

Can you msg me his contact details. Thank you