English schools in Nha Trang

Hello everyone!
Does anyone have a list of all English school in Nha Trang?
That'd really help my search for employment..
Cheers everyone!
M.

Hi marekeon,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to help you.

I wish you good luck in your job search.
Christine

Hi Guys,

I'm not an expat but my wife is (left when she was very young), we have a nephew in Nha Trang and i want to organise for him to do english lessons. Does anyone have any suggestions or a good school or tutor that i can send him too? I appreciate this may be outside of the mandate of this blog however as i dont speak vietnamese i am finding it difficult to research. any suggestions welcomed!

English teachers -Nha Trang. There are almost millions here. Not to find them is almost the same difficult than walking the beach without having sand on the feet.
Plenty of them hanging out in the "69", a Bia Hoi near the small market by the tourist area. To know, who is an English teacher, only watch, who is only nursing the beer.

There are also quite a few English schools in the city - all of them easy to found/see, even for foreigners.

haha thanks, my nephew is only 10 years old and I'm in Australia so difficult to organise from here, is there a school you could recommend?

patrick nelson wrote:

haha thanks, my nephew is only 10 years old and I'm in Australia so difficult to organise from here, is there a school you could recommend?

Nope.

Myself I am not taking classes, so can't judge, what is going inside up.

Your nephew will surely have some parents and/or relatives, who can  check out inside the schools.

Or just post an ad here somewhere, forum/job section, there you will get surely a response.

hello patrick nelson
there are a lot of english center in Nha Trang. Viet My english center on Thong Nhat street (teacher are vietnamese and foreigners), Rainbow english center on Le Dai Hanh street (teacher are vietnamese and foreigners), Phuoc Tien english center on Dinh Tien Hoang street (almost vietnamese children learn here, teacher are mainly vietnamese, some time have a foreigner),...etc
or i know one english tutor comes from American. He teaches one group about 10 members just for conversation english, not for passing the exam.

to the best of my knowledge then there is only one dedicated international English school in Nha Trang, the APC Asian Pacific College, which has an International Section with English only, and a section with Vietnamese and English.
You may contact Justin Menzies at '[email protected]'
At present there is holiday, which ends July 31, but Justin is in town now.
Should you need any further information, then you are welcome to contact me.
I admit I do not know any freelance English teacher as mentioned, but I am sure, there is quite a lot of them.

That's right. There are vehicles to pick the children to school and come back. I don't know the fee but i also think it is the best school.

If I do remember correctly it is between VND 1 - 1.5 mill/month child

18/6/13 Youngman wrote.."You may contact Justin Menzies at 'justin.menzies[at]apc.edu.vn'
At present there is holiday, which ends July 31, but Justin is in town now."

Hi there. My husband and i are contemplating moving to Nha Trang in January for a year or so. we have two 10 year olds. We have been trying to contact the APC school with no reply as yet. Could you check if the email for Justin is correct, as when I emailed him, it bounced back undeliverable, wrong address? Or can anyone else help us with contacting the school?

The only thing holding us back from applying for visas now is the schooling. Of course we need to know if they have placement for them, and what kind of fees involved. 1- 1.5 mill a month sounds great to me. hope that is right!

We have just come back from 2 weeks there, and fell in love with the place, and the people. Really hoping we can work this all out and move asap.

On another note, has anyone dealt with a company called Alien Consulting there? We are considering using them to help get our visas etc, as we are going to come over on a company/self owned business one.

Love this forum. have spent hours today pouring over it! thanks guys..info here is amazing!
Sheila :o)

I am going to the school in 10 minutes and will have a talk with Justin and/or the one in charge of their server.
I am terrible sorry about the school fee mentioned earlier -:( my son in 3rd grade costs vnd 100 mill in fee plus vnd 20 mill for breakfast and lunch. No it is not cheap, but far from some fees applicable in HCMC and Hanoi.
I will come back later tonight VN time.
Erik

Hi Erik, thanks for your reply!
wow,  not so cheap, that is a yearly fee i assume?
Is there any other english speaking school options you are aware of?
thanks, Sheila :o)

As far as I know this is the only English one.
Unfortunately I did see Justin, but I will try
tomorrow am, where I normally see him.
I do not consider the fee as cheap, but less expensive compared to schools in HCMC and Hanoi. The fee mentioned is for a school year equal to approx. 9 months education.

Hi Erik
thanks so much for your help. much appreciated. if you could get Justins email address for me that would be amazing. The fees are high, compared to here in Australia, but what can we do. i guess we just consider it part of the price of having the experience to live over there for a while.

Does the school have an option of pick up and drop off for the children each day?
Out of curiosity, what hours are the school hours over there?

Justin Menzies [[email protected]]
copied from an email from Justin to me.
School time is: 0715 - 1645 including time for breakfast and a long lunch (2-2.5 hours)
There is a schoolbus with pick-up and delivery, but I am not familiar with the terms, as I drive my son to school, and they may change in the near future, when the school is moving to an other location.

thanks Eric. I'll try that email again and let you know how i go

Thank you alots! are you in Nha trang?

Yes we move up here a year ago from Ho Chi Minh City, and we were in fact waiting for an English school. Previously there was only French and some English courses not schools.
Coming from HCMC it is very nice and provincial -:)

Hi Eric. Justin did get back to us, and was very helpful.. The fees were far too high though. Approx 700 usd each per month, and we would have to multiply that by two! We are now looking into Australian schooling over the Internet,  same program as they give rural children. Looks promising and very affordable as they are enrolled in an Australian school already. Not giving up yet!

My daughter ( 8yrs old) does her school over the internet with the Brisbane Distance Education Unit. The teacher is always on hand, uses Skype and lessons are electronic. I researched school and this was our best option.
Good luck

We have decided on this option also, through Victoria distance education. Looks like we will be over there by mid January all going well. Girls at alien consulting are working on our visa hopefully by now. Nha Trang here we come....

Hi all,

I am planning to move to Nha Trang and looking for an international school for my 6-year old kid. Have you got any suggestions please? I've read the topic from the beginning and there are 2 school listed: APC ad EFI. Does anyone have experienced with these schools and which school you have enrolled your kids in? Thanks a lot.

Singapore Vietnam International School @Nha Trang
Address: A1 Street, Vinh Diem Trung Residential Area, Vinh Hiep Ward, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Tel: (+84-058) 6251178     Fax: (+84-058) 6250805   

Thanks youngman. I called to the school but this school doesn't apply an international program. They are just teaching Vietnamese program in the morning, in the afternoon they teach English language, means just the language English absolutely not the science, maths in English. So this is not a bilingual school either.

Thanks for your information.

quote:
just the language English absolutely not the science, maths in English
unquote
sorry to here that, since my son is attending this school, and he has science, math etc in English, however,
it may depend on the grade. which grade are you looking for?

Hi,

She is in the 1st grade. But the girl I talked to confirmed very clear that they don't teach maths, science in English, they just teach English as a language with 10 sessions per week by foreign teachers only, compared to around 7 sessions for English in a Vietnamese public school by Vietnamese teachers.

It is probably correctly for the primary school then -

Which grade is your son in now?

5th in Vietnamese an 7th in English - 10 years old

Thanks youngman.
Does anyone have any experience with EFI?

Hi,

You can contact Asia Pacific College for further information. They have Cambridge English programs from primary to high school (study around 20 - 25 hours per week)
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/asiapacificcollegenhatrang
Phone number: 0934 189 330
Email: [email protected]

Hope the above information is helpful :)

Hello everyone,

@newcomer89, can you please register Asia Pacific College in the business directory > Education in Nha Trang ? It will surely benefit other members as well.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

Apparently, APC is long gone.

Am going out today to throw my CV out there to all the schools.

APC has moved to Diamond Bay opposite the resort

It really depends on what you mean by An"English Teacher".
From my experience in Japan,Vietnam,Thailand it usually means someone with some sort of Degree who can't find a job in their home Country..
So they come cheap.
If you really want a Tutor then have to go for a Proffesional,of which their are few.
Teaching is a craft as is every other profession.
To be called an English teacher just because you are a Native Speaker is meaningless.
Its  like saying I am a Musician because I know the notes on a Piano.
Jeff Rice

Hi

I am sorry I can not help with a list and I have never seen one. Perhaps try contacting the English Department at Nha Trang University.

Cheers

Craig

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : no free ads please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

FYI:

http://nhatrangpreschool.com/vi/http://nt.svis.edu.vn/http://ww1.apc.edu.vn/
And alot of English Center.

If you need more information, pls contact with me**

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.
Humpty13 wrote:

Hi

I am sorry I can not help with a list and I have never seen one. Perhaps try contacting the English Department at Nha Trang University.

Cheers

Craig

Moderated by Priscilla 2 weeks ago
Reason : no free ads please + register in the business directory

I am really confused.  Why is suggesting a public university considered advertising?  It's not like he owns the place.

We have made a list of international schools and language centers in Nha Trang.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no external links please + free ads are not allowed