I want to eat on a banana leaf :( - Indian Restaurant

I've tried to find any restaurant in Riyadh that serves the food over banana leaves (Indian food) but I couldn't find any :|

any suggestion guys? specially the Indians, even if it is in baatha :D

Hello Never say 1,

I moved your topic to Riyadh forum for more visibility ;)

Thanks mate :lol:

meal on banana leaves - wow sound interesting:P

Really interesting, it's well known in India and Singapore and Malaysia

http://www.callum-macdonald.com/wordpress/wp-content/photos/Singapore_Great_Banana_Leaf_Indian.jpg

it looks yummy, isn't it? :D

WoWwwwwwwwwwwww wanna join u :)if you find this type of food - its looks yammmy

You are more than welcome :) but let's find it first :rolleyes:

Is this going to change the taste of food:P ...u may get Dates Leave or sure:lol:

Hmmmm.. good question :|
Dates leaves? no thanks I have a plenty of :dumbom:

BTW i admired the way they eat and found it a cogent excuse to try.

I'll check a restaurant called banana leaf in Bahrain today.

Tell me how it was:P

Yes, indeed, it tastes better. We used to at on banana leaves back home in Sri Lanka too on weekends when the whole extended family gang of around 50 used to congregate at our Grandma's place in the good ole days

However, we never used the side of the leaf that faced the sun to eat on. It was the underside we used. I still donno why.

Lets go to Bahrain on this weekend :D

Hi friends,

I had food in banana leaf this weekend in Bahrain and it was just awesome.

Baisan International hotel in Exhibition road serves lunch on banana leaf - Price is 30 SR unlimited.

wow,vijith you just opened a 2 year old post ,but i guess its worth it ,hmmm thinking of checking it out.

Are you serious!! After these years, I've finally got the answer :par: Thank you  :lol:

Any chance to show us part of your experience vijith732 ?

Nay he just ,enjoys everything and flaunts nothing. :P

Hi bro,

send me ur email and I will send u the pics- confused as to how to post it here- :unsure:unsure

you can find the food on banana leaves in Paragon restaurant :) I have tried it in Dammam but the friend who suggested it had it in Riyadh so you can enjoy the food ... really good along with rusam :D

[email protected]

Good news! where about in Riyadh?

Riyadh - I tried hard but didn't find one myself - will inform u once I have an update.

Paragon in Batha? - Opposite Raymond showroom?.

Chk ur mail- have sent the pic :D:D

Got it and I can only say WOW :lol::o

Surely will be there soon :D

Wow.....I am having lunch every other week on a banana leaf in Riyadh...

The place is called Half Moon Restaurant in Batha. It's pretty clean and spacious too.

IF you are coming from Dabbab road or King Abdulaziz road >> after you enter Batha crossing the signal.....look out for overhead foot bridge >> Just before 2nd Overhead foot bridge >>> turn right into small alley >>  at end you will see SPORTS COMPLEX written on a building (RAMADA HOTEL) and just at ground floor there is Half Moon...Bon appetite !

Now I have a fellow Bombay friend for company- I am from santacruz in Bombay

Never say 1- wanna join us for us for a banana leaf lunch/ dinner

Count me in!  :D

Looking forward to it!

This thread has brought back some lovely memories of terrific meals in Malaysia.
I can't help with any of the requests but I thought you guys should know, you just brought a very happy smile to my face.

Many many thanks dear  :top:

I'm delighted to know that dear, will have a big smile soon when I try it for the 1st time! Can't wait  :kiss:

kymadoce wats ur call?- This weekend in Paragon in Batha?.

Friday after prayers or in the evening?.

Totally in...but i would still suggest half moon @vijith732 and @Neversay1

This Friday , by around 1:00 pm at Half Moon ??? PM me ur numbers pls. and let's co-ordinate....

Anyone else, who is interested for lunch on a Banana leaf this friday PM me  and join us...@ 1:00 pm , Half moon restaurant .

IF you are coming from Dabbab road or King Abdulaziz road >> after you enter Batha (crossing the signal).....look out for overhead foot bridge >> Just before 2nd Overhead foot bridge >>> turn right into small alley >>  at end you will see SPORTS COMPLEX written on a building (RAMADA HOTEL) and just at ground floor there is Half Moon...

I am fine kymadoce.

will pm my mobile no to you.

just send me the land mark near this restaurant.

Regards,

Vijith Menon.

Thanks guys for making this project happen. Glad to join you,  the problem is I take my lunch with the family every Friday, we can rearrange it at night if you don't mind!  We can carry on through PM.

Cheers,

Talking of Singapore. I used to get this not so spicy biryani from some place near Alexandra rd. Singapore all wrapped in banana leaf. it kept the food remarkably fresh.

You're right Live.ali

I became eager to try it after my brother's visit to Singapore in 2011 where he tried it!

kymadoce- what about sat afternoon.

never say 1- is that ok for u.

anyone is welcome to join.

if biryani is preferred then lets meet at Darbar in Olaya next to Sulaiman alhabib hospital.

regards
Vijith.

Well this is tempting ,i am more interested on the banana leaf lunch.
biryani hmm ,quite honestly no so much .
You guys decide ,and post the updates .

Banana leaf - we must not disappoint never say 1 as its his wish and we must fulfill his wish.

I am ready for Saturday afternoon at Half Moon.

where is kymadoce???