Driving License

#2 04 May 2011 11:12:39

Sumitran
Sumitran
Muscat

Re: Driving License

The truth if getting a driving licence in Oman is a huge hassle for Asian expatriates.
It takes time, costs money and is a pain !
Lately there are also lots of rumours of bribery playing a key role in getting the licence.
Best of luck !

#3 05 May 2011 05:29:33

amoor
amoor
Muscat

hi,all

driving licence there is 2 way to get training  per 1 hour and full time if you  have knowlege about driving it will be easy and it not take  that much time,if you have no you have to take full time that mean till get licence drive.
the cost between 350 - 400 this is full time and for per hour 5 O.R   

( bribery ) not always a good way...

best regards & good luck
Ammar

Last edited by amoor (05 May 2011 05:31:11)

#5 05 May 2011 05:43:54

amoor
amoor
Muscat

hi

good for you you will go direct to test in the road and maybe 2 - 3 weeks because in muscat you have to wait if you are not pass around 1 week to book for next test.

regards

#6 05 May 2011 07:03:13

Sumitran
Sumitran
Muscat

If all goes well, it would be a minimum of about 2-3 months before you can get your driving licence. If you fail the Road test once, to get the next test date will take a minimum of a month because of the rush. So assuming that you pass the Drum test and then the Slope test, then Road might take a couple of tires. Factoring in loads of luck of course !!

#7 05 May 2011 09:00:08

amoor
amoor
Muscat

Hi,all

my friend he is Asian he got licence in 1 month maximum but only road test so from my side i think it is easy but need more practic...

regards
Ammar

#8 30 May 2011 13:18:18

Sumitran
Sumitran
Muscat

In case you've not arrived yet to Oman, I would suggest that you get yourself an ‘International Driving Licence’ with which you can drive a 'rent-a-car' here.
This is valid for 1 year. You can gainfully use that time to apply, take your drum, slope and road tests and hopefully obtain a proper Omani driving licence.
Best of luck !

#9 31 May 2011 08:57:48

james2011
james2011
muscat

GETTING LICENSE IN OMAN IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR INDIANS. WHEN YOU DO DRIVING TEST THE POLICE WILL ALWAYS THINKING TO FAIL YOU BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GIVE STABLE INCOME TO OMANI DRIVING TRAINERS. THIS IS A GAME.THAT'S ALL.

#10 31 May 2011 09:18:31

amoor
amoor
Muscat

james2011 wrote:

GETTING LICENSE IN OMAN IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR INDIANS. WHEN YOU DO DRIVING TEST THE POLICE WILL ALWAYS THINKING TO FAIL YOU BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GIVE STABLE INCOME TO OMANI DRIVING TRAINERS. THIS IS A GAME.THAT'S ALL.

I dont think so you have to do your best like others i know the problem for everybody they fear & worry a police man when he is inside the training car so if you can stop this thing you will pass belive me. it will not take much time

Regards
Ammar

#11 15 June 2011 14:08:03

IndianinMuscat

Now the situation in oman is Alarming Omanization. This might cause the expats leave the country in another 5-10yrs. Many locals are actively taking their roles in work environment and ready to learn. It is hightime to save your money and return back to India soon..Unless you are confident on your driving and if you have Indian license, go ahead and get GCC License.

#14 28 January 2014 05:40:42

Sumitran
Sumitran
Muscat

kamal_d80 wrote:

Please tell me , How i can get driving licence in oman? ... where is office? Now am india driving licence Holder 14 Year Exp...what are procedure ......

All the details you need to know about getting an Omani driving licence have already been shared in great detail, in the 'Cars and Transportation' section of the forum. Please look it up.

4 members online in Oman

Expatriate health insurance Muscat
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Muscat.
>> Click here
Expat banking Muscat
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Muscat
A few tips from professionals about moving to Muscat.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Muscat
Don't worry and travel happy across Muscat.
>> Click here