Need advice : Kolkata - Varanasi...?

Hi all, after explore tamilnadu and karnataka, i try to continued my journey to west bengal this november. But im still confused about the destination.

My plan is kolkata - varanasi - bodhgaya....? , i need advice mybe the other city or place that interesting to visit near kolkata varanasi and bodhgaya ...because i have 10 day :)

hi there,

contact us we will surely help u out, we are an NGO WHO WORKS WITH VOLUNTEERS all over the world, we are from west bengal, its a beautiful state, email us at [email protected]

Cheers
Rupak

Hello Rupak and welcome to Expat.com!

Regards,
Harmonie.

hello Thecinnamonjourney if u r visiting kolkata dont forget to go darjeeling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darjeeling
other palces are sikkim ...as i can see that  u want to visit places for spiritual seekings i can suggest u few more good places but given the short period of ur stay u wont be able to explore all....but hey dont miss darjeeling around 12 hours train journey from kolkata (to New jalpaigudi and from there on on jeep)

i just have short time in kolkata....so just the city in some place that near from the center of the city...i will focust on varanasi and bodhgaya :)

Go to 'Indian railways' website, click 'Avibility of Tickets, Choose Howrah to varanasi for particular date and you will find so many trains to Varanasi. It is nice place but congested city  from where you can go to Budh-Gaya directly by bus, train or via Patna.

Thanks
                                               AVIJIT SARKAR

thank you, i already have the ticket :)

Hi Thecinnamonjourney
thr is a divine place called MAYAPUR, about 2hrs frm KOLKATA.u cn try it if u gt d time.

Hi Pradeepta thank you for your advice Mayapur is ISCKON temple right? i hear about that before. Mybe i can try to visit there.

If you around kolkata, mybe we can met, i come with my other women friends so will be interesting if you can join and give advice about shoping place to buy traditionaly cloth and also craft or mybe a time in coffee house.

hello,
If You can fly from Chennai or Bangalore to Kolkata Airport. But what do you like to see does matter. Do you like to out of City or inside city itself. To see: Victoria Memorial, Asiatic Society, Museum, St. Paul's Cathedral,etc    from Kolkata take a direct train (travel in AC II or I) Bodhgaya and from here Varanasi.

Keep in mind: do follow any unknown person: at night, narrow lane, keeping belonging to others. south India is different from North-East India. You will experience it.

There are plenty of trains, but try to get in Rajdhani Express.

If any more write me [email protected]

Nice journey.

Tapas

I already back to my country :) , I get great experince in Varanasi.. Yes you are right, north east is very different with south part :)

Thank you all ,

You can try Santiniketan, about 200 km from Kolkata, where the great poet (& Nobel Laureate) Rabindranath Tagore established a unique university where classes are still held in open-air settings (under tree-shade).

You can also try Bishnupur, 300 km away, famous for its terracota temples.