Whats the safest city in india?

im an american living in the philippines. im going to india in august to live. i recieve 1000.usd per month. is this enough to live a comfortable life? whats the safest city? what city is the best to be close to entertainment? any tips you can contribute would be greatly appreciated.  tommy

Hi TommieBoy
SAFE and INDIA are kind of oxymorons, if you know what I mean.
1000 $ is great for a smaller town, but not wonderful for Delhi or Mumbai or Bangalore, which are the only western-standard civilized places. It all depends what your standards are and what you are used to. You can live a marijuana life in Goa or in the hills in Manali, or you can live an Expat life in the city. Delhi and Mumbai have outrageously high rents and anything resembling Western food costs a fortune, too. India has changed very much in the last 10 years, so only smaller towns might be ok. Rajasthan is nice, and Chandigarh, north of Delhi is a very clean and modern city, but not much culture. Any place outside of the big cities is more or less medieval. Pune, Chandigarh, Hyderabad are exceptions, but then they also have over 1 million people. Why not live in Turkey or Kszachstan instead? :-)  Good luck!

thank you so much for your very informative reply to my post. i moved to the philippines about 1.5 years ago and i live a very comfortable life here for 1000.usd per month, but it would be nice to experience a different culture now. i dont mind living away from the big city as long as there is public transportation close by. i bought a motorcycle here and thats how i get around now. i suppose i can buy one in india as well. ive been looking for one bedroom apartments or condos online in india, but i only see bigger homes and 3 bedroom apartments. again, thank you very much for your time--tommy

Hi- 1,000 USD is around 40,000 rupees...which is a pretty decent amount. Rents vary from city to city naturally, but if you get together with a few guys maybe you could all rent a flat together, then the per head monthly rent would be around 8,000 rupees approximately. Safest city- well, Mumbai and Bangalore are safe by Indian standards. Entertainment should not be a problem...most cities have pubs/lounges etc (burrp.com/)... In addition, India is a huge country with varying local cultures...so you would probably like to travel around a bit :)

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

tommieboy999 wrote:

im an american living in the philippines. im going to india in august to live. i recieve 1000.usd per month. is this enough to live a comfortable life? whats the safest city? what city is the best to be close to entertainment? any tips you can contribute would be greatly appreciated.  tommy

thank you sromondas
im sure ill have a few more questions when the time nears
    --cheers

Well, Goa isn't a bad place... depends how one wants to live... you can live a peaceful life or be a drug addict- its really up to you! and i guess thats the case everywhere :)

- Sromon

isabel7575 wrote:

I heard horrible things about Goa, I would never go there, there are a lot of people on drugs so they are out of control. That's what I heard.

(moderated: no free ads)

Dear,
The safest city in all over India is Only One...
that is MUMBAI
every thing is here
u earn 1000usd is very much for a comfartable life..things are cheaper..at very low cost here..

I agree Mumbai is totally the safest city and especially as a female...but forget living on 1000 USD per month. It's expensive baby just like anywhere else in the world. Rent is ridiculous...but then again I live in Mumbai and love it so there ya go. We complain but we're still here! My blog may enlighten you a little more to some of the new generation ways of life in a big city in Mumbai. It isn't at all like it was 10 years ago baby!!!

Queenie

Hi,
Safest city would be a tough question to answer. I have experience of living in Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and Delhi and my hometown is Chandigarh. I found Pune safe and interesting place plus night life is fun,Mumbai is good but really  crowded and not sure if i felt safe there and after various attacks night life is not that great until you have good friend circle, I will never suggest you Delhi as its one of the worst places to live until n unless you are working or have some compulsion to live there, Bangalore is really nice, i loved the weather and its IT hub so people are mature and sensible,Chandigarh is near Delhi and Himachal Pradesh, its safe, cost effective and really close to all the hill stations so good for bike rides and travelling but as far as night life is concerned its not much happening. I am not aware of your purpose for visit so can't really suggest which place would be best. In India it doesn't really matter whether  you are an expat or not, there is lot of difference in cultures and living in different states is always a new experience but what I shared above is my own experience. Rest, it depends on your expectations. If you need any help in any city you can always let me know. Have a good time.
Chaos!

$1000 per month are surely sufficient in India. The spending depends on you. Main expense will be to hire the house, and cost depends upon which city you will be going, which area you prefer and how big house you want.
Almost all cities in India are safe to stay. No problem at all.
Enjoy. If you need any help, you may contact me

The safest city in India is "BHARAT PUR, GOPAL GARH" near to Rajasthan.

Hi all,
Can someone give me more information about Pondicherry..... I'm thinking to go over there for visiting!
Thanks and have a good day
Chris