Hi

I m getting an opportunity in Djibouti, want to know the life style and cost of leaving as an expat.....

also to know about schooling for 4 year chile and medical as well

regards

Hi and welcome on the forum Mukesh731 :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi there, Djibouti, altogether may provide a different experience, dont keep much hopes and expectations, lifestyle dependes on means but the place is exteremly hot, humid and unreasonbly expensive, some claims more expensive than New york because of higher rental options and utility charges. You can expect frequent load shedding and can wait for water for hours.I suggest first get a persoanl visit and then decide for family moving there.

Further about Schooling, mostly schools offer education in french but there is also one Indian school working uptill 4th grade.
Djibouti may offer exotic foods but for veg you need to rely on your own cooking skills because here even a small order is mixed with fats.
Besides above details, here you can find stable Africa, good proportionnality of expats mostly french, Americans and Indians and an amazing nightlife. Anything left can be inquired by you any time.

Welcome on Expat-blog Humayuz! :)

Thank you very much for your contribution.

yeah sure too much costly city...

@ yogi2005in: Thank you for the information however please note that you posted on an old thread (2011)

Hi christin

Apartment out side the city

@frwigamba3 Hello and hope you're well.

Sorry but this topic is old and I'm closing it.

I can advise you to create a new topic.

Have a nice day,

Mickael

Expat.com - Team

Closed