Shopping in Russia

Hello dear members,

I guess this could be an interesting topic. I invite all members in Russia (both locals & expats) to share their daily/weekly/monthly experience about shopping. You may also include some shopping tips/suggestions!

So can you please share with us:

>Where do you usually go for shopping?
(Shopping for basic products like Food, Vegetables, Meat)

>What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?
(Where you usually go to relax or to buy your clothing stuffs, shoes and other shopping related products!)

Awaiting for your contribution ;)

Best Regards

You have to mention the city you want to go shopping at.

Welcome on board northcrest ;)

In fact, you can choose the city which suit you or you know well as far as it is found in Russia and comment accordingly as per the topic questions. You can add other related info so that it can help other members.

Regards

Useful vocabulary about shopping:

russianpodcast.eu

Hope it will help you :-)

For food Stockman or Okey

For clothes I fly to London as they are between 24% - 50% cheaper, shoes are 100% cheaper. If I have to buy something I shop in Galleria or Stockman.

I usually do shopping on taobao and help some clients do shopping on taobao too. But I know some friends like aliexpress and i have aliexpress shop too... :D

For food I usually go to Okey or Stockman and to local markets.
If in SPb then my favorite local market is located near Sennaya metro station (you can just show to any russian this russian words and they will guide you: метро Сенная, продуктовый рынок), and there is always good choice of seasonal vegetables and fruits in a good price.
If in Moscow, then I go near to Cherkizovskaya metro (it is not that near actually but I like that bazaar which is called Victoria and situated at the end of the street behind the ХЦ shopping center - Черкизовская метро, рынок Виктория, позади ХЦ). Here you can buy everything - fresh meat and fish (a lot of halal shops), vegetables, freshly baked bread from tandur. And yes, I like to have some BBQ from those small Azeri cafes :)
Also, time to time I buy some products (tea, some rare vegetables like karela, tofu cheese, and others) from a chinese shop (open till 6 pm only!) which is in a small shopping center which is just behind the Cherkizovskiy Shopping Center (маленький торговый центр, который позади ТЦ Черкизовский) which is across the bridge from Cherkizovskaya metro station (you can take a mini-bus).
For the clothes I prefer to go to Helsinki, Finland. Otherwise if no time for going there I just take whatever my eyes will catch - anyways it is same expansive everywhere and I didn't discover any good place.