Shopping in Porto

Hello dear members,

I guess this could be an interesting topic. I invite all members in Porto (both locals & expats) to share their daily/weekly/monthly experience about shopping. You may also include some shopping tips/suggestions!

So can you please share with us:

>Where do you usually go for shopping?
(Shopping for basic products like Food, Vegetables, Meat)

>What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?
(Where you usually go to relax or to buy your clothing stuffs, shoes and other shopping related products!)

Awaiting for your contribution ;)

Best Regards

Where do you usually go for shopping?
To buy food and other day-to-day stuff, there are numerous shopping centres that go by the name Pingo Doce. Almost every street has one! There are others like Modelo, Frois, etc: but are not common (I have seen only one of these in the city).

What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?

There are a few shopping complexes throughout the city. I am naming a few here...

1. http://www.shoppingcidadedoporto.com/

2. Mar-Shopping centre: http://www.marshopping.com/: Highly recommended. Very cosy and relaxing.

3. A shopping centre on the Santa Catarina street

4. Arrabida Shopping Centre (Gaia): Has MBit which offers the cheapest electronic goods imo. I bought a laptop for €1725 that costs at least €1800 in other stores (like Fnac, etc)

5. Gaia shopping centre: Have not been here, but heard of it. Another shopping centre in Gaia.

Cheers,
Kartik

Hi beyondblueskies!

Thanks for your contribution ;)

Armand

Hi,

As he said, for food, Pingo Doce.
Otherwhise I suggest Rua de Santa Catarina and  Rua de Cedofeita for clothes. I don't really like shopping centres, I only go to Mar shopping because they have IKEA.
So I usually go to the smaller shops. Rua Miguel Bombarda has a lot of smaller alternative shops.
Bakeries: definatly Padaria Ribeiro (near praça dos leões), Fruit and vegetables: Bolhão or Casa Oriental (near clerigos), Oriental/Chinese supermarket: on praça da republica, Indian spices: in Miguel Bombarda gallery (ccb), Bio food and vegetarian supermarket: "Celeiro" in the shopping centre in front of the sport faculty, Fish: try Bolhão or Mercado de São Sebastião, Flee market: Feira da Vandoma (under ponte do Infante)

And many other places...

Rua de Santa Catarina is where i live so i do most of my shopping in that area.

If you like malls, Norte Shopping is a HUGE mall for shopping