Health care in Slovenia

Hello everyone,

One among the various issue that many expatriates usually raise is Health Care. So, I think it would be very interesting and helpful to start a topic about Health.

> So, can you please list some of the private clinics & public hospitals in Slovenia?

> What about dental care? May be some tips about the costs?

> Some addresses of Eye care clinic, opticians will also be welcomed!

> Some addresses of pharmacies around Slovenia will also be useful.

Do not hesitate, to add more related items to the list.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

First you have to remember that basic health insurence doesn't cover all costs. You would need additional insurence (250-270 eu/year)

> So, can you please list some of the private clinics & public hospitals in Slovenia?
Klinicni Center - big and I think only hospital in Ljubljana
First health care points in Ljubljana:
http://www.zd-lj.si/zdlj/

> What about dental care? May be some tips about the costs?
OIt's almost impossible to go to public dentist, even going to private one often you have to sign few weeks in advance. Cost differs a lot from 30 to 150 eu for treatment.

> Some addresses of Eye care clinic, opticians will also be welcomed!
Optician shop is in BTC in city park. Walking in the city you will find few. I know one on Celovška 91.

> Some addresses of pharmacies around Slovenia will also be useful.
In Ljubljana there are quite a lot of them in all parts of the city, just google Lekarna, but here are few addresses:
Prešernov trg 5
Tacenska cesta 120
Gasparijeva ulica 2
Ulica Bratov Babnik 10

Hi Nonka!

Thanks very much for your contribution ;)

Armand

For expat in Slovenia who don't have money but need medical care, please check "Pro Bono Clinic" located on Mislejeva 3, 1000 Ljubljana.

Here, they are a group of volunteer workers in health care industry with English-speaking professionals. Or visit http://www.ordinacija.net