Moving to Athens

Hi I am a childrens nanny and i am thinking about taking a nanny job in Athens. I would love to hear from anyone that has moved to athens to get an insite into how life is there. Hope to hear from you soon. If anyone can recomend which areas of athens are the best areas for expats to live and fit into this would help a great deal with my job searching. I speak a little bit of greek but not fluent at the moment.Hope someone can help. Thanks

Hello! I work as a Nanny in Athens (Alimos area) and I love it! Alimos is on the sea and only 10-15 minutes (by car) to the center. Kolonaki is a good area of the center to live, very nice! I prefer living by the sea but living in the center has its pros as well. I haven't found a HUGE expat community here but there are a couple groups on facebook that have gotten me connected with some great people. "Foreign girls in Athens" and "International People of Athens". Also this website was very helpful in finding some friends and people to hang out with. I hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply . Yes this helps a lot thanks.:) Could i ask are all the nanny jobs live in . The jobs that i have been offered are all live in and are all 6 days a week . Is this normal for nanny jobs in Athens ?

yes, many of the nannies I know are live in. And It is common to work 6 days a week. Usually though its not the full weekend day, like with my family I work Saturday morning and then sometimes a friday or saturday night if they are going out. Its not like a full day...not sure how it is with all families though.

Learn Greek!

facebook.com/pages/Nine-Muses/168754439843536

ninemuses.gr

[email protected]

Hello rleeko,
Welcome to Expat.com.

I may suggest you to put an advert in the Athens classifieds community's babysitting section.

I hope this helps,
Harmonie.