Cost of Living in San Miguel De Allende, Mexico

#1 09 April 2011 22:34:54

a1albin
a1albin
West Palm Beach

Cost of Living in San Miguel De Allende, Mexico

I am thinking of moving to San Miguel and would like to know the cost of living there. I would like to rent a small house within walking distance of the center. It seems to me however that we Americans have driven up prices to such an extent that it may be just as expensive to live there than here in West Palm Beach, Florida.

#2 25 July 2011 19:26:13

prorader

Re: Cost of Living in San Miguel De Allende, Mexico

I am thinking of San Miguel or surrounding area, but have you looked at the real estate listings. Real estate agencies are highway robbers anyway but the prices just for a simple 2 bdrm rental seems like New York city. I live in a small town now in a 5 bdrm 2 bath 2 story house spiral staircase laundry for $300.00 US a month and that is 2 times 2 high. doesn't look good. I am not interested in central, historic, gated just a simple clean area close to big stores and some other americans

#3 30 September 2011 03:02:13

las2msp4mex
las2msp4mex
St Paul

From all I have read about San Miguel, I gather because of the wealthier expats moving there it is more expensive than a lot of places in Mexico. It seems to be a very desirable place to be.

#4 30 September 2011 18:36:04

joaquinx
joaquinx
Xalapa

There are other cities in Mexico than SMA and Chapala that can offer a colonial experience with lower rents. Of course if you need a large English speaking ex-pat community, you'll have to pay for it.

#5 27 February 2014 20:43:57

austinarthur
austinarthur
Amazcala, Querétaro

I live in Queretaro, not so far from San Miguel---I have heard that prices are higher in San Miguel but also in Queretaro in the past few months we have been hit hard with inflation.  The government says it is just temporary--let's hope they're right.

Expatriate health insurance San Miguel de Allende
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in San Miguel de Allende.
>> Click here
Expat banking San Miguel de Allende
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to San Miguel de Allende
A few tips from professionals about moving to San Miguel de Allende.
>> Click here
Travel insurance San Miguel de Allende
Don't worry and travel happy across San Miguel de Allende.
>> Click here