Moving to Jamaica

Hello,
I am thinking of moving to Jamaica. I have lived in Philly from the age of 3 to 18. I moved to Miami in 2003 for college and graduated in 2007. I am now 26 years old and still living in Miami with hopes that The Dream Act will pass. I am sick of sitting around waiting and I am debating about moving to Jamaica to get everything sorted out. Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, or insight?

Hi and welcome on the forum Alexie :)

Maybe you could ask more precise questions so that other members can help you accordingly. When are you intending to move?

Regards
Armand

I am planning on moving in August.

Hello there! I came to Jamaica after having lived in Miami for many years.
There are a lot of pros and cons to living here, as you can imagine - same as everywhere else. And it will REALLY depend on how/why you move to Jamaica to determine whether the pros can outweigh the cons. Our situation here as expats has been very good. We live in a gated community by the ocean, which allows me to entertain my son in varied ways. We have A/C, washer & dryer and other amenities that are so common in the US and a luxury here. On the flip side, there are a lot of things I miss about living in the US, mostly certain conveniences we had there. However, living in Jamaica allowed me to appreciate living with less and enjoying life more fully. It's been a great experience for me and my family.
For more info on my life here, check out my blog alifeabroad.com. I started writing it a year ago and had to stop due to lack of time. But now I'm back and will be posting many more articles in the next few months. 
Good luck and keep me posted.

Hello alifeabroad and welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you for this sharing. ;)

Regards,
Harmonie.

We are currently residing in Birmingham, England and considering retiring in Jamaica in the next 3 years. My partner was born in Jamaica but has lived in England for 48 years (he regularly returns to Jamaica for holidays, and I have visited a few times also). We are currently researching areas and would like some information on the Whitehouse (Westmoreland)area. What is the community there like, the infastructure, cost of living, what is there to do in and around the Whitehouse area. We are looking to buy a plot of land and build our retirement home. Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated.

hi guysi want visit jamaica
anybody know that how to get for  jamaica
i am from pakistan

Hello Shawaiz815, I can help you .  Jamaican is an island in the Caribbean, population of around 2.8-3million people, or you coming on a vacation or to work? and if you want a place to stay and someone to show you around I can do that for you but, I would like to know more about your stay so I can better help you, my email:[email protected]