Planning Move

We had big plans to move to Morocco with our two young children.  However the news from the region is making us doubtful.  I'm interested to know what the mood is like in the country and if there is any anti-American sentiment.  Is it still safe to live with a family in Morocco?

thanks!

Hey,

yes its totally safe to live in Morocco but depends in which city you want to settle = and moroccan have nothing against Americans as long as you respect their religion and their culture.
People are so friendly
which city where you are planing to stay

Marrakech or Fes?  What about the demonstrations that I hear about on the news and the other instability in the surrounding Middle East?  What is the mood in the country about the news?

thanks!

I'm an American living in Marrakech since Oct. 2010. And as far as I see it. Everything is totally cool, I have no worries. My sister and her husband and 2yr old just moved back here a couple of days ago and they're cool too.

Thanks for the info. Is it easy to find a place to live once we arrive?  We have been emailing listings but we don't always get much response. Thanks!

That I'm not sure about. For me it was easy but I've got my whole side of my Mom's family living here. I know it's not always easy to communicate via e-mail here. Everyone is still phone based from my experience.

good to know.  thanks!

Good afternoon Charong,

Do be afraid to move to Marrakech. It's a lovely city, full of opportunities and you can choose the way you want to leave here: the fast way with clubs, restaurants..., the family way or a mix of both. It's totally up to you.

We have been coming to Morocco for work and leisure for the last 10 years and we are moving with our young daughter in 10 days.

We did several trips to set everyting up before our arrival and well, we are on our way.

We are not americans but French and Belgian, but do know you will be welcomed. Morocco is like any other country, if you wish to be a part it you will be pretty happy. What kind of activity do you want to develop here? It could also help you to interact with people from the area.

As far as finding the perfect house. Well that's easy and difficult! Depending in fact on what your are looking for. Please be very very careful with real estate agencies, some of them are not thrustworthy.

If you need help, fell free to contact me. I will be happy to share some tips with you.

Sincerely,

Emmanuelle

[color=#370ef0]Hello Charong
Hello Charong,
First, the demonstrations were very peaceful. Morocco is changing fast and I can assure you it's the most stable country in North Africa, the mood is very good.
Moroccan do not have anything against  Americans.
In regard to the real estate,  Marrakech is quite expensive, but it depends where do you want to live, and what king of hose are looking for.
I am pretty sure that you will like Morocco, go and enjoy he life there.
Good luck

Hello Charong,
I am from here and I would like to ensure you that no worries and you do not have to be afraid people are very peaceful here and they like people from abroad no matter where from they are , You are welcome in Marrakech

I am trying to move 100km south of Agadir with my Daughter 10 years old.
We know the area very well, and we are thinking on setting a sustainable community for families.
We are already a few interesting on doing this, as it is a great area to develop a more concious living.
If anyone would be interesting on joining us with this adventure, I'd like hear from you.
Best wishes.
Laura