Do and don't in Saudi Arabia

Saimans.... Thanks a lot bud... I guess I have to bear d expenses of taxi... :(

saimans wrote:
akashjaiman wrote:

Hi.. Gm... Sorry this seems to b an irrelevant question on this site but can u pls tel me wat r the means of transportation in dammam apart from taxis as my company doesn't provide with transportation... Any city buses ???
I wud b coming from india to dammam on 16th

Unfortunately there's no public transportation system developed, you will have to mostly rely on Taxis/Cabs, till you get your on vehicle !! Good Luck :)

Saimans.... Thanks a lot bud... I guess I have to bear d expenses of taxi ... :(

akashjaiman wrote:

Saimans.... Thanks a lot bud... I guess I have to bear d expenses of taxi ... :(

Unfortunately, Initially you have to, Thats what everybody does. And consider yourself lucky that you are not a female, else this situtaion for you would be permanent. Just something to cheer about :)

saimans wrote:
akashjaiman wrote:

Unfortunately, Initially you have to, Thats what everybody does. And consider yourself lucky that you are not a female, else this situtaion for you would be permanent. Just something to cheer about :)

He he he.. That's an encouragement then... Lol.. Thanx again :)

it wouldn't be permanent until she find some one to drive her personally on the plus side the taxi expenses here are very low so it wouldn't make that much of a deference plus it is cheap to buy your own car here considering no taxes charge here ;)

I agree your wonderful statement about saudi . basically we would not get anything here.
Simply so many people was saying like this but we wouldn't get anything.
Simply sleeping with your dream.

Regards
Dinesh

Excellent sharing.
Basically saudi guys can do anything here.
We couldn't enjoy the life
Still I did not enjoyed anything here.
I hope this country totally waste for entrainment.

Dinesh

Hi

That's true , but still the expenses her cheaper than other countries beside Tax Free,

Thanks

Well country is good you can save money compared to others countries, many living here and happy.

don't drive a car if you care about your mental health.

Cultural life in Saudi Arabia rests strongly within the confines of strict interpretations of the Quran. In practice, this means that the visual arts, for example, are limited to geometric, floral or abstract designs, as representations of humanity are forbidden. Although there are some cinemas in larger cities, relinquishing the joys of theater comes with the territory for expats relocating to the Arabian Peninsula.
Music, dance, and Bedouin poetry form an important part of Arab culture. Literature in general is, however, kept in check by strict censorship rules. Expats in Saudi Arabia will quickly become aware that not only is there no freedom of religion but freedom of expression is also repressed to the extent that it is non-existent.
You may be surprised at the lack of religious heritage sites in the cradle of Islam. This absence can be explained by the fear of idolatry in Wahhabism (or Salafism), the form of Islam which dominates life in Saudi Arabia.

It's been awhile since I posted on this blog. I've had amazing experience, met a lot of expats and Saudis. Perhaps I am getting used to it. One thing I always remind myself that this is a temporary life for me, and a  new beginning. My views about Arabs have definitely changed. Yes, its boring and full of restrictions. Being a female in this horny infested male population is not easy. I now got used to staring back at people when they look at me. Eventually my " Im- not scared- of-u" glare puts them in place. Just FYI to you guys who find temporary consolation to ease your boredom. I'ts not cool to invite a female to your place on the first meeting. Friendship and connections are very important, Some day, we will all go back to the place we call home and all these will be memories. One thing I know, Saudi has made me realize what I want to do with my life and made me value my friends more than ever. Good luck to those who just arrived. It's a new adventure and don't let the restrictions hold you back. There are ways and means and there are the neighboring countries to go for R&R when you are getting burned out.
Happy blogging..

thanks

I am realy glad to read this post

saimans wrote:
jeffcute wrote:

don't talk to strangers, and if they call you "habibi" you better run as fast as you can.

Mind sharing the reason for that ??  :huh:

Heh heh. If U have to ask for a reason, then U just may not get it anyway.-pbn

Kindly tell us about the life in Jubail city in Saudi?
I am on family status from company. What are the procedure to relocate family? I will be taking my family wife and daughter(5 yrs) after 3-4 months.
Can I bring Hindi or english movies in CD or pendrive?
is all Ladies have to cover their body and face (Abhaya) before going out from airport?
is there all internet sites are available, or any restrictions?

Can i buy airsoft guns
in saudi arabia

ohhhh poor boy !!

where is the back yard ??

so do u know any shops or no?or any team?