Looking for work in Laos

I'm a 30 year old American man with 7 years of experience teaching English in China. I feel I've learned enough about China that it's time to move on, and I've set my sites on Laos.

I will be arriving in Laos in a few days to begin looking for work.

Can anyone give me advice regarding finding teaching work in Laos? Where do I look for schools? Should I go online or go on foot?

I'm also a professional photographer and website designer, if by any chance there's a position for me in those fields.

Any advice would be appreciated. E-mail may be best for me, [email protected] or by MSN [email protected]/

Thanks!

Hi joebbowers, welcome to Expat.com :)

You shall also post an ad in Laos Classifieds -> Jobs section mentioning your qualifications and the different positions you are interested in!

Hope this helps!
Cheers

Hello Joe,

Sorry to bother you, this is not intended to be a spam email. I don't know where in Laos you are or will be but as I have the same intent, I'm allowing myself to contact you.

Do you, by any chance have any info on how to find an apartment and or work and how difficult it is. Thank you for your help

Hi Joe,
Which part of Laos do you want to be in?
Luang Prabang is desperate for English teachers, but I'm not sure which specific schools are looking.  Sometimes the bigger hotels employ foreigners to teach english to there staff.
There aren't many decent web designers in Luang Prabang so no doubt you could get some freelance work. Or you could possibly contact some of the tour agencies here to see if they want to run any "photography" instruction tours.
Good luck,
Katie
falangprabang.blogspot.com

I can't offer any information outside of the capital area. I just recently accepted a job in Vientiane. I found that there are many jobs for teaching and tutoring but you really need to knock on doors. Don't expect a great salary at first either even with a lot of qualifications. The economy may be inching upwards but it will be a long while before salaries will be high enough to really meet the needs of most. But the people and the country is worth the journey. Lao is wonderful good luck.

Hi,
I have same question but for water engineering.
Does anyone now any work opportunities in Laos for 2 years experience water engineer?

Nothing in water engineering.

Also nothing that I know of in web design or photography. Teahcing is the best bet but you need to get around to schools and put yourself forward. Money for teaching at a basic level is low.

However Laos is a lovely country, laid back and casual. I work overseas and come and go from Vientiane on my leave breaks. Have family in Vientiane. Would recommend the place to anyone.

If anyone is interested I need teachers at my school in Vientiane. Grade 4 immediately as of Sept 3 and still open. Possible other openings coming also. Message me here.

Hi T-Lao

we are a small kindergarten and looking for an English teacher to teach children age 2 to 5 and would start immediete

If you are interested in, plese email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Hi T-Lao

I am sorry i missed readng your texts. You are looking for the english teacher as well. I thought you are a teacher looking for job

[Moderated: Please post in Jobs in Laos section]

Keep an eye out on 108job.la for job postings, or worklivelaos.com - often jobs come up!

Please see me when you come to LP. may be doing www. for me.
tks

if you are interested to live in Southern Laos, you can find many jobs for NGOs or companies

Hi Hong Minh,
May you give some clearer examples and requirements for those jobs??