Language Exchange in Lux

Hi everyone!
I'm a Spanish female, and since February am working for a NGO in Luxembourg with a 'training contract'.
For different reasons (mainly the cost of living :)) I live in Trier (Germany), so it's not being easy to meet people there.
I'm having English lessons, and I met people from several nationalities, but most of them have been living in Lux. for a long time, so they aren't interested in meeting new people.

So, any suggestion? :)

I've also thought in a Language Swap. I'm interesting in English, German (I speak a little), or even French (I'm in Lux., so, why not start?)
If anyone is interested in learning/practice Spanish, feel free to contact me!
Greetings!

Hi and welcome on Expat.com FaMaRa :)

A new thread has been created on the Luxembourg forum for better visibility. I can also suggest you to post a free advert in Luxembourg classifieds under Community> Language Exchange.

Wish you good luck
Armand

The "Club Polyglotte" meets in Lux on Tuesday nights for the purpose of speaking (practicing) language. Usually there are English, French, and German tables. Sometimes there is a Spanish or even Russian table, depending on what people want to speak.

The atmosphere is quite open and warm, and people move from one table to another when they want to speak in another language. The bar is quiet and well lit.

The meeting starts around 7pm, but people keep coming until 8:30 or 9pm.

Location: Foyer Bar on the corner of Rue Heinirich Heinie and Boulevard de la Petrusse (between Place des Martyrs and the church facing the ravine).

Hi, moving in 2 weeks to Lux.   Was living in Madrid for last few years, but I am from the US (Los Angeles, CA).    Would love to keep my castellano in practice, but we can easily meet if you ever care to practice your english.   

Fui a Trier hace augusto, solamente un dia, pero me gusta! 

Saludos,

Kathleen

Hi Famara,

I'm French and I came to Luxemburg with my fiancé last year. We met two couple with expat. And now they have become our friends. So I'm sure you will find friends too.

Otherwise, if you want to practise your French, I'm French teacher, so you can contact me.

Best regards
Anna

Welcome to Luxembourg! As you already said, mostly people aren't really interested over here in meeting new minds... It's sad, but true. Good luck finding broad-minded people in Luxembourg, it's no easy game ;)

Hola!

Yo también soy nueva en Luxemburgo, y también estoy aquí por un traineeship. Obviamente, no te escribo para un intercambio de lenguas pero acabo de llegar y me apetece conocer gente nueva. Con el nombre de Famara, ¿no serás de Lanzarote?
Bueno, si te apetece quedar algún día para tomar algo después del trabajo o dar una vuelta escribeme: silvia.curbelo(arroba)hotmail.com

Buena suerte!

Silvia

@Silvia, could you please post in English in this Anglophone forum?

Thanks,
Harmonie ;)

FaMaRa- that's wonderful that you work for NGO. What type of NGO is that? I have always wanted to put my skills for good causes. Intersted to find out how to work with NGOs.

The rest of the group- what a great idea for meeting up for language learning without a fear of mistakes or intimidations.
I will for sure look this up again once I land there in end of June. I am already really worried not knowing anyone and not being able to pick up French/German right away by assosiating with other like-minded people.

Hy!

Welcome on Lux and good luck to find your new life here.
Im on interest have new frendschip so we could meet sometimes if you have time.

Greetings Agnes

Hi,
Silvia, I've just arrived to Luxembourg today for a job also, I speak English and Spanish, if you'd like to meet up for some sightseeing or drinks just let me know :). my email is sebastas(at)hotmail.com.

Hi Agnes,

Thanks for your message. Yes of course I would be interested to meet up with you. Getting quite anxious about this move but I am sure it would be just fine at the end! :-)

This sounds like a great idea, I've just been in Luxembourg now for a month. I speak English/German but I'm really open to learning some French as well as meeting open and interesting people. If anyone is interested in meeting up, feel free to contact me :)

Greetings Carissa

Hy Famara!

You are not alone Im feeling the same! Since everyone has a price no one has time for the other.
I would like to meet you absolutely and learn spanish it would be great  for my cv and l can teach you german, hungarian or  luxembourgish.

Hope for your contact

Agi

Hy!

If you dont try you never know what can our relationship bring, so lets find out!
If Im nearving you by time you can mike finish contact.

See you!

Can we meet? I live in Lux too. I live in Alzatte.

@ jeswin > This thread is an old one as it has been created in 2012, so it may difficult for you to communicate with the members that have posted here.

I will therefore advise you to start a new topic on the Luxembourg forum by introducing yourself at first and then to ask your questions. ;)

Thank you,

Priscilla