New to london!

Moving from nyc to london next month!  Anyone from the states have advice on banking? I want to open an account before I go and hear good things about HSBC.  What are the best sites to look for flatshares?

I have a list of online resources under MOVING TO UK at the top my blog, if you'd like to check it out (if I list them here, they get deleted as spam). HSBC has a very good reputation in England and you could open your account in the US in advance.

Good luck, HappyHomemakerUK.blogspot.com

Best sites for flatsharing in London is Gumtree.co.uk its a national classified ads website and its free for people to advertise on so there are literally hundreds of ads and they narrow down in London for each borough which is particularly helpful. You can also advertise for room wanted on this site. Good luck with the house hunting :)

I use HSBC and they are pretty decent. Slow at times, but overall pretty decent. You also get to keep an account in the US and have one in England and just use their global view feature to switch money back and forth without being charged...

I've seen flat sharing ads in the newspapers here too so maybe check those out? Evening Standard, etc...

HSBC is very good!!but a little difficult to open a account sometimes..Natwest is a good bank too,and is easy to open a account. flatshare the best place is gumtree!! and if u want find friends...Im here, hehe

don't for HSBC i open my account with lloyds and it was really easy.

for the flatshare gumtree is really good! free, easy and quick! i found my room in one week!