Living in Strasbourg

You are an expatriate living in Strasbourg, or you used to  work and live in Strasbourg.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in Strasbourg?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in Strasbourg?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Strasbourg?

Thanks in advance for your participation

I also am moving to Strasbourg in January. Need to know information about living there.

Hi!!
My name is Cristina, I am from Colombia and from January onwards I will go to the University of Strasburg to start a french course until July.  I would like to know if you can give me some advice to look for a place to live there.
I f you can also give me some advice about the life there and what to take into account before traveling, I will really appreciate it.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Greetings,
Cristina

Hola,
Me llamo Cristina, soy colombiana y desde Enero me iré a realizar un curso de francés en la Universidad de Estrasburgo durante 6 meses.  Me gustaría saber si me puedes dar algunos consejos para buscar alojamiento allí.
Te agradezco también cualquier info adicional que puedas brindarme sobre la vida allí y que tener en cuenta antes de mi viaje.
Muchas gracias por tu ayuda,
Saludos,
Cristina

Hello I have been living here for one year and a half now
I wish I had more friends, I feel a little isolated sometimes
Are there any single expats in Strasbourg ??? It is terrible being a girl alone because it is difficult to go out at night. I wish I could also start moving around, what to do in the surroundings?

I don't live in Strasbourg, but I have been there many times and love it! It's a really great city. And at Christmastime it's also nice because of the Christmas markets. I think how much you integrate and get to know people party depends on you and your personality... in general it might not be so easy to make friends in France as in other countries, but if you put yourself out there and make an effort I think you shouldn't have a problem. Try to get involved in as many activities as you can.

Hi, I am married to French and have been leaving in Strasbourg for the past 3-4 years.

It's really nice here. I like Alsace very much. You have Germany right behind the corner.

If you like green spaces, Black Forest is much nicer then Vosges.
If you are looking for accommodation, I would suggest: seloger.com or leboncoin.fr.

Good luck

[moderated : no free ads on the forums please!]

I CAN REALLY help you much about strasbourg
as i 've benn living here for 30 years !

don't hesitate to ask me whatever you need to know

right now i'm in a rush and busy so i have to postpone a
comprehensive portrait of this special an interesting town
and region

keep in touch
JON

Hello Jenny -> I suggest you to post an advert in the Housing in Strasbourg section. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please post in english only on this english speaking forum

Hi!

I'm hoping to move to Strasbourg. Did you get married in France?