Wife as a partner or slave?

i want to start a topic of interst amoung expats as well out side oman why we asain belive that our wife are our slaves even though they are not happy and want to move out chose a new life not with us still we try to heart them is it a human or unhuman or obligatory? for a asian husband to beat and terrorise the unpowerfull wifes.........

http://www.internationalwomensday.com/

your wife is NOT your slave, and she should have the right to do whatever she wants

yes your right Mr.Julien but i want more and more men out there to convay there thoughts also iam one who stand for the women rights but when i see such barbaric acts in a civilized expt.comunity............i feel to do something in a civilized way..

Welcome Gabol on forums:  Do you really think this problem is only related to Asian i am sure you answer is NO. I think, this is a gobble issue and education is one of biggest factor. Women education is also very important, and WE men are the barrier on way of Women rights.

yes one point is there but its more common in asian country mainly india srilanka pakistan woman being wel educated still is a subject to her husband as a king got his slaves they do not allow some to work or even working not allow them freedom they deserve its heart breaking watching some young soil be distroyed in a sort of hounor or even some case came across for money...

does that happen in this century? i cannot believe!!

A single line answer is..   "This relation is meant for trust" ...  if the trust is gone... the values are gone... !

depends up on your relationship.

Mr Gabol,

I am neither a chauvinist for men or women. But I believe you shouldnt bring such topics to this forum, I mean they only help in creating polarized opinions.

and it is "Not a topic of interest among expats" I believe Human beings are equal and they have very right to be.

Good day to you Sir.

Yes i agree with Rammy.this topic is irrelevant to expats in Oman. Oh by the way, women are human beings too and should be treated with respect

hamdullah n my country ( phils) we dnt hae that kind of problem, wife r r nt slave or b slave f d wife wl nt let it happen d, nfact we have d law bwt mal treatng, and abusing d wife!