LASIK in Thailand

I am looking to have LASIK eye surgery done in Bangkok.  Does anyone know a placed called TRSC International LASIK Center, across from lumpini park?  My friend recommended this center to me and said it is the best in Thailand in terms of technology and service.  Thank you for sharing.

Hi sbenhart!

Welcome on Expat.com :)
I hope other members will be able to tell you more about this place.

Have a good day
Armand

TRSC LASIK ... visti this website @ lasikthai.com

anyone to share personal experience?

Hi!

Yes, I had LASIK in Bangkok, Thailand last year and I went to TRSC International LASIK Center.  I highly recommend this clinic as it is very specialized in refractive surgery.  Let me tell you my experience:

At first, I was just like you, very concerned about the safety and success rate of the surgery.  However, once you step into the clinic, you are greeted by your very own personal counselor!  They give superior service, making sure you understand the risks involved and answer all you questions and concerns you have about the procedure.  This counselor will stick with you throughout the process, even after the surgery.
I opted to have the new all laser technology called FemtoLASIK.  I was about -500 near sightedness with -100 astigmatism before the surgery.  First, they have you go through a 3 hour exam to check whether you are a candidate, which includes your eye health, and all these measurements of your eyes to see if it is safe to do the procedure as they said for some, LASIK may not be suitable.  After that, I made the appointment for the surgery the following week.  I admit the cost was kind of high, but it is still about half as much as it would be in Australia.  The cost covers 5 follow up exams, in which I had to return for the 1 day follow up, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, and 1 year exams.  I have never been to a place that paid so much attention to the details of my exams, and to patient needs.  They even said that if I am not happy with my vision along the line, whether it be 5 or 10 years from now, I can have laser enhancement at no cost.  Talk about life time service!  As for my recovery and vision, I was able to open my eyes the next day and go back to work.  Yes, it did feel irritated and bit dry but they give you artificial tears to help with that, and in time, it gradually goes away. 

Overall, I am super happy to have done the procedure, and I would recommend TRSC International LASIK Center to anyone who is interested in LASIK. 

I'd be happy to answer any questions about my experience to you guys (;

thank you so much for sharing your experience, jonathon. 
i am also nearsighted....still debating whether to get it or not.
maybe i will try to visit TRSC and see.  will update you.

HI there, I live in Seoul Korea currently but am planning on moving to Thailand after the completion of my English teaching contract in August. I have been planning on getting LASIK here in Korea before I leave but am curious after reading this post about maybe waiting to get it there.. How much did you pay for the surgery? It is a little under 2000 usd here but if I could get the same surgery in Thailand with good professionals for cheaper that would be ideal! Thanks for your info:)

1300 USD should cover it at a government hospital.

hi!

At TRSC International LASIK Center, where I got my LASIK, the cost came out to be about $2500 for both eyes, and this includes all the follow up exams in a year.  and it is life time, they said it covers if you need enhancement in the future. 
I think its worth it because this place gives great service, and the laser equipment they use is the latest technology from Germany.  Not sure what laser is used at the other hospitals, but it may be a factor in the price. 

anyway, i recommend u make appointment with TRSC first and see for yourself, or visit their website and ask them more questions

good luck!

Hi Jonathon - I just came across this thread and even though it's 3 years old I thought I would ask in case you can help. I am considering getting LASIK in Bangkok as I will be there for a week next month. Do you remember the name of your surgeon at TRSC? Many thanks.

Hi Afrose
I was just wondering did you get the surgery and if so what was the approximate price? We have been looking into it.
Many thanks.