Living in Hanoi

Welcome to Expat.com luuly
Good luck in your quest to make friends .. ;)

jazzy851 wrote:

Welcome to Expat.com luuly
Good luck in your quest to make friends .. ;)

Thanks.
Have a nice day.hope youblucky and happy everyday.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum. Please register into Hanoi Business directory]

kenvcs wrote:

Hello Khuy,
Thank you for your reply even if you didn't get me absolutely!
When I visit Hanoi, sure we can meet dear! Unfortunately, cannot enjoy tea,coffee, beer or Vodka Hanoi:)
As I mentioned in my profile, am an Indian Yogacharya(Teacher of Yoga) who use healthy food. If you don't mind we can enjoy our meeting with a glass of milk:)
Regards,
kenvcs

Hi u,
My yoga teacher is Indian too. And he's also a vegetarian. He has been living in Vietnam for 5 years. Regretfully, I'm not enough patient to practice yoga regularly.

Regretfully, I'm not enough patient to practice yoga regularly

Keep trying smallwitch..and you shall get there.. :proud

ps - i like your funky name :P

jazzy851 wrote:

ps - i like your funky name :P

Thanks. Nobody scare me? :D

Hanoi and HCM is culturally very different and the work environment is just as different.

Having lived in HCM for over a year now, I'd find much more foreigners working in HCM than HAN.

Interestingly, I see alot of Asians working in HCM. :)

@smallwitch - :D - Nah..
Why do you want to scare people away? :P

jazzy851 wrote:

@smallwitch - :D - Nah..
Why do you want to scare people away? :P

:P I didn't aim to scare ppl away. Just because I always dream of flying on a broomstick :D

smallwitch wrote:

Hi u, My yoga teacher is Indian too. And he's also a
vegetarian. He has been living in Vietnam for 5 years. Regretfully, I'm
not enough patient to practice yoga regularly.

Hi,

Where are the good yoga studios in HN? Is Ashtanga practiced here? An
enquiring mind wants to know :-)

Please give web site links if possible...

Thanks,

Is Hanoi better or Hochiminh better?

Hi

"Is Hanoi or HCMC better?", that is a question you should not ask since we have different tastes and different styles. Take me as an example, I was born and grown up in Hanoi and the capital is always the best city in the world. Although I stayed in UK for more than 2 years, traveled to couple of cities in Europe and yet, no place can't take away Hanoi from my heart. But I can't deny the fact that HCMC is more dynamic, younger and more modern. The South people are more friendly and open, they're straight forward and more westernized. Nevertheless, let's not compare the 2 cities since all comparison is invalid. We both have a place in our heart, don't we?

I don't want to be more serious but being a Vietnamese, I really don't like when people make a comparison between Hanoi and HCMC. So just take it easy and discover the charm of every places in Vietnam, shall we?

To conclude, don't throw stuffs on me :D I'm just raising my voice over that old-but-long long time topic.

By the way, I miss UK and the accent there:( Really want to talk to any British people, so if any of you are interested in learning Vietnamese/culture/or simple talking, contact me.

Hello,

Let's please try to stick to the initial post ;).

Thank you

hehehe Dear kenvcs...... It is my pleasure.....
I am waiting the tiem y come to Hanoi!
have a good day Ken

Hi All
i'm living Hanoi & expact too... would like to see all of you who are living in Hanoi ... will see how can make thing happen ...

cheers

Hi hwz u.
So hw was ur experience in vietnam,

Hi Parul,,,
Ooops! i missed your mail... anyway did you move to Vietnam...
If you want to know more about this country , we can meet as i am myself live at Noida.
Cheers!

Hai Phong is a beautiful city to live. Agree  :top:
I was born and grew up in Hanoi but unfortunately, I have never visited HCM city before So I'm trying to safe money to go there :D

Hanoi gave me an impression of very different experience as compare with HCM city. This is in term of food, people, places interest etc. I had been living in Hanoi for 3 months and visited a few fantastic cafe. For example the egg coffee is found in Hanoi but not anywhere else. You can check out my favorite cafe in Hanoi.

sensesofvietnam.blogspot.com

How would you describe life in Hanoi?  Oh, it's wonderful!  I've heard people say that it's a city that's filled with lies and dishonest behavior, but that's simply not true!   :whistle:

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and  accommodation? 

Settling down is for nerds!  Thankfully, Uncle Charlie prevents the planting or roots with immigration policies that are ambiguous and in a constant state of flux. Thank you for making the future predictably unpredictable, my dear and indubitable uncle!

Finding a job?  No problem! 

Getting paid?   No problem!  :whistle:

Accommodation?  Too easy ! I love the place I rent because the rats keep me company, until hunger forces me to eat them.   :(

Is it complicated to make friends in Hanoi?
  Of course not! Everywhere I go the locals keep saying "My friend, my friend, I take care of you!"  If...errr...when there's a problem they always have an explanation that  helps me see how it's all my fault and not theirs.  Isn't that what friends are for, after all?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Hanoi?
  Less ganja and more Thorazine.