Living in New South Wales

You are an expatriate living in New South Wales, or you used to  work and live in New South Wales.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in New South Wales?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in New South Wales?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in New South Wales?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi everyone!
I have just read that in New South Wales thereŽs the biggest portuguese community in Australia.Is this true?

I am an English-German teacher with portuguese nationality.Is there any chance of teaching one of these languages there?

Thanks,

Carmen

Welcome on board Hinini :)
Unfortunately it this is the case, we don't have any Portuguese registred yet in the New South Wales Expat Network as yet :(
With regards to teaching languages, you could post an ad here in New South Wales Classifieds -> language classes.
Hope this helps!
Arlette

Hi Arlette!

Thank you very much for your information on Australia.
Firstly,I have to say that I am searching information on several countries so as to choose the best one to start a new life...
In your profile you say you are living in Dubai.Curiously,
two days ago I read and saw some information on that country and I was speechless watching  the wonderful conditions that the country offers,namely to teachers.
My husband is a graphic designer,do you think that he has some possibilities in doing this type of work there?

Thank you,

Carmen

Hi again Carmen !
Well, you know, I'm not really active in the "real world" meaning not active besides my collaboration to the Expat.com team ! :) so I don't really know anything about the job market actually but you could have a look (or post an ad) in Dubai's jobs classifieds -> IT, Multimedia, web section.
Yes Dubai is really amazing!
Cheers
Arlette

Hi once again!
You are not in the real world? Are you in a "fantasy world":)? Let me know that world...IŽm just kidding...

Let me ask you this: Comparing the two countries,can we say that Saudi Arabia is a paradise? What about its standard of living,is it so good as we see on pictures?What are the bad aspects of both countries?Can you summarize them?

Sorry to ask you this,but if you could answer them I would be very grateful to you.

Thanks,

Carmen