Free Tour guide in Ho Chi Minh city

Hi kevhost, I am a Singaporean and have plans to visit vietnam again. Please keep me in the loop on any updates so that I may meet up with you to tour me around if I am in vietnam :)

P/S: I love the rustic feel of the architecture and friendliness of the people in ho chi minh :) Would like to know more friends here in Singapore, be it you wanting to learn English or teaching me vietnamese.

anithaSK wrote:

Hi Kevhost,

i will be visiting HO Chi Minh from the 7th of april to 10th of april 2012 and i am wondering if i could get you assistance to travel around your city. how will the arrangements be like?

Hope to hear from you soon
Anitha

Hi ANITHA,

I am very happy to help you. contact me to exchange more inf.
[email protected]

Hello, I'm Vince from America. I moved here about a month ago and am looking for something exactly like this. My tieng Viet isn't too good but I can assist in helping those learn English and perhaps learn a thing or two about Vietnamese (So I can go back home and talk to my grandmother for once :) )

email is: [email protected]

Hi Kevhost,
My name is Van.can i join ur group?i can speak english well.i hope that i can be a member in ur group soon.
Look forward to hearing from u
tnx

Hi guys!

I would be happy to be apart of yours. If u see some help that I can do, just let me know.

Nice to be friend with all guys here. :happy: produces :happy::top: produces :top:

Hi !
I am free for one day,Any one friend will guide me to go out of HCMC to visit country side.Here is my number 0128 58 33788

Bhagi

sorry to say this but this section should be called TALK ONLY, NO ACTION.

yep,and no respond from Kevhost:)

Meeting with someone new for things like being shown around HCMC or anywhere else, members here could always try sending a message to those of the VN community who have shown interest in helping out.  The same would apply to those kind VN members who have offered to help out. Would that work ???

Hi all,

Thank you for all your message here. We actually invited a few persons (volunteer guiders) to help international travelers in this city and they did well. We could not contact all persons here with phone number and email only, we have to make sure their curriculum vitae beleivable, not person come to find some other things. That is reason we work a bit quiet in here. We apologize something make someone not very happy. Otherwise, please send to us your CV or something about your residental address then we will contact you soon.

Our email group is [email protected]. Let contact when you need our support.

Kev

kevhost wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you for all your message here. We actually invited a few persons (volunteer guiders) to help international travelers in this city and they did well. We could not contact all persons here with phone number and email only, we have to make sure their curriculum vitae beleivable, not person come to find some other things. That is reason we work a bit quiet in here. We apologize something make someone not very happy. Otherwise, please send to us your CV or something about your residental address then we will contact you soon.

Our email group is [email protected]. Let contact when you need our support.

Kev

Hi Kevhost,
I think you could receive more support from the local guides if you let us know this news sooner!

I'll send u one.

Have a nice week.

wow, look like you have a lot of member already, but if u still need i would love to join, i just resign so i would love to keep myself busy while i am waiting for my dream job come to me.

happy to join. please email me: thuy_t_bird[at]yahoo.ca

thanks

Hi all, that's honestly one of the most tempting offers and kindness I've seen on this site. I'm moving on Sunday to HCMC and will stay there longterm. I really appreciate your concern in showing us newbies the depth of SG's life. Please count me in.

Phone Nr.: 016-3837-6984

NATO

Hi there!

My friend and I are from Singapore, and we will be going to HCM on 28 June till 1 July. Honestly we are quite lost since its the first time we are going there. I stumbled onto your post in the forum, and will most certainly appreciate if anyone may be able to show us around or meet us for a chat over a nice cup of coffee(Oh, and of cos coffee will be on us:)). We are interested in the culture in Vietnam and would like to know places which locals would usually go to. Shall look forward to your reply soon, thanks!

Best regards,
Johan

johannkoh wrote:

Hi there!

My friend and I are from Singapore, and we will be going to HCM on 28 June till 1 July. Honestly we are quite lost since its the first time we are going there. I stumbled onto your post in the forum, and will most certainly appreciate if anyone may be able to show us around or meet us for a chat over a nice cup of coffee(Oh, and of cos coffee will be on us:)). We are interested in the culture in Vietnam and would like to know places which locals would usually go to. Shall look forward to your reply soon, thanks!

Best regards,
Johan

Hi Johan,
My friend and me are ready to help you. We helped Anitha and her friend in her trip to VN. You can see previous post in this forum.
You can contact me [email protected].

Regards,
Katy

i thought I posted a long reply in this topic yesterday. Now it's gone :-o

Dear Mr kevost,
I would love to work as a volunteer in Ho Chi Minh, so be a tour guide for foreigners is an interesting idea. Please notice me any news. I hope to meet new guys out there

hay kevhost

that is a great idea. Thank you for your innitiatives.

I am Nil. now working at hcmc.

feel free to contact me on

YIM: niloy_cit

Email; [email protected]

It will be nice to be friends.

Please count me in if u dont mind

I'm free every weekend. Hence it would be a great opportunity if I can be a free tour guide for foreign visitors to show them how beautiful our city is. Of course completely no fee, I already have a chance to practise english in return :)

Feel free to contact via my mail: [email protected]

Best Regards

is the threadholder still checking his topic? I hope not that it's dead. Please raise your voice and say anything so that we know it's not useless posting in here. Anyways, contact me  [email protected], I'm interested.

Hi all!

We highly appreciated all Expat members write their comments or send to us information here. We actually arranged many trips for international travelers when they came to Ho Chi Minh city ( by direct email). It was very useful for international travelers when they came here in first time. Surely they will not believe our traffic jam here and they need our help. Otherwise, we thank for all our volunteers who always ready to help our travelers.

Best regards,

Kev
([email protected])

I always follow you. :)

kevhost wrote:

Surely they will not believe our traffic jam here and they need our help.
I always follow you. :)

Surely we will believe in your promising idea and we need your help. After giving you my infos 3 times I do not received any kinds of contact from your side and you disappeared from the first post til now!

kevhost wrote:

We actually arranged many trips for international travelers when they came to Ho Chi Minh city ( by direct email)

yes, maybe only international travelers, only by virtual direct email :)

I am living and working in HCM (Hoc Mon Dist)for 7 years now, and soon moving to Bien Hoa city but i always busy with my job and have no time to visit around the city so i dont know many places in this city.
Can i join the term on Sunday sometime and have a tour around the city? I like to go around but it is boring to go alone so would like to have someone go with and talk with or drink coffee with, that much more interesting. I can speak englsih fluently so it is no matter if you are foreigner.
contact me at my email: [email protected]
Thnaks

Wow. Glad to see this thread. Might be visiting early August with a friend and though it'd be my 2nd time here, it's almost like the first time for me since the last time I came it was with a friend who's familiar with HCM whereas this time round both of us are really new to the city.

Btw, Julian from Singapore here. Oh, and I really loved the cafes the last time I was here. So different from Singapore.

Hi,
I'm a Vietnamese student and want to be a volunteer in your group. How can I connect with yours?
See me at Y!H: supercat_dl

hi Kevhost,

Can I join your team? I'm free at weekend and I do enjoy social activities. I've been working as tour guide for American Students for several times. Kindly contact me at [email protected] in case there is any room for a new member. Thanks.:)

i'm very excited to be a member
[email protected]

I love how Vietnamese people are generally so willing to give up their time to help others. That's why I'll be returning to your fantastic country again in 3 weeks time. Keep up the good work guys. Some of my best friends are the people who gave up their time to teach me Vietnamese language for free, we shared so many laughs and so much fun especially with differences in our cultures. Vietnam is such a special place.

hi kevhost,
I also want to take part in your team. I'm living in HCM now and can communicate in English quite fluently.I'm free at night and weekend.
Contact me via my email address: [email protected],plz.

Hi foreigner friends,
Feel free contact me directly via my email if you come to Vietname and need help. I'm very willing.

Could I join your group??? I need to improve my English. I have free time on Saturday and Sunday and some days in weekdays.
Pls contact me when you have some plan
My yahoo: Thanhlovely3189

I'm happy to help you with English, if you help me with Vietnamese.

marcus1982 wrote:

I'm happy to help you with English, if you help me with Vietnamese.

really?so i'm willing to help u with Vietnamese:)
(i think u are Marcus who i met in EIV before,rite?)

I'm south Korean decent but lived in America for over 23 years staying in go vap at the moment and would appreciate anyone who wouldn't mind showing me around. Yahoo distantarray email is same @ aim.com

01283946492 cell text first plz

Hi Kevhost,
I'm a final student,hoping join your group.I want to introduce beautiful VietNam to every one.My english is not good but I will try to best
My yahoo: dangmhungv2v2
Hope that hearing from you soon :)

I love Vietnam and will be coming with my wife, 15 year old son, 13 year old daughter (in a wheelchair) but we carry up stairs as needed. 6 year old son and 2 year old son.  I have been to HCMC before and want to show my family the water puppets, war museum, and Ben Than Market and other places of interest.  We will be looking for a guide March 30 on a Saturday. Is there anyone interested in helping us.  We would love to help with English as we learn Vietnamese.

[Moderated : No free ad on the forum please]

[Moderated : No free ad on the forum please]

I see so many Vietnamese people wanting to show their country and learn English, it's fantastic. If you are a student who can speak intermediate or better, English. Please contact me. I sometimes need to get jobs done here in Saigon, find things online etc and would be happy to help with your English and pay a little bit of money for just a few hours work here and there. As I struggle with the Vietnamese language barrier.