Living in Auvergne

You are an expatriate living in Auvergne, or you used to  work and live in Auvergne.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in Auvergne?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in Auvergne?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Auvergne?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi to all
        As an expat Aussie living in France I will say the French have been Far more welcoming into there community than I found communities in Australia .That is to say small communities in Australia ,dont except even fellow Australians into there fold let alone people that do;nt speak the language If you dont live in the community for 20 years you are never a local, I have been here for less than 2 years and on 2 local comities my foriegnness has been embrased for the exchange of new ideas we have formed an artists assoc and organized a festival in our local village, my advice to anyone coming here is to forget your nationality and embrace a more global attitude it has worked very well for me weather here or Africa and Asia LIVE where you LIVE I have found no problem with work or housing. If you go with the attitude that you are a guest in that person home you will find many people to help you. Since joining Expat-blog I have had mails from people saying how difficult it is because it is not like home,it was never going to be the same so you must be very narrow minded to think it would be, but if you are willing to embrace the difference you will find the doors open. I have nothing but praise for the way the French have made me feel I arrived here and did not speak a word, my French is not that good now but people are still very kind and helpfull I only have French friends as I made a point of not falling into an English speaking enclave which sad to say is quiet often the case,I have never seen the point of living in a foriegn country and sticking with your own kind it seems to defete the reason for the move,althuogh it is nice to chat with people from home now and again I dont want to live with them otherwise I could ohave stayed in Australia and experienced the world threw national geographic t.v so long story short live where you live and life will be fantastic, also be positive in adversity, besides the bread,cheese and wine here is great also the time to appreciate good company over a good meal is important to the health an well being.I havent had a burnt chop or sausage since ive been here which is my memories of an Aussie barby [slap it on slap it off and chow down the beers getting hot]

Welcome on the forum gordon the ringer ;)

Thanks for your contribution!