How to make friends in Malaga

Hi :)

Me and my husband also live next to vialia, so maybe you guys can meet up and we can expand our friends :)

Laura

My husband and I moved from Dubai to Malaga, we have been here for a year, and we really need couple friends.. or at least friends that are expats and go out and talk about abroad things :)

Anyone interested??

Hi Laura,

I have been living here in Malaga for 4 months. I am looking for other expatriates too :).

Cheers,
/Laurent

Hi Laurent,

We have to meet up! We could organize Saturday night and meet up  in town. Let me know! We could get more expats interested and organize a gathering...

Let me know!

Laura

hi people!im looking frnds from malaga.i live now in noia so we plan to move in malaga.i want to know about life there?:)

Well... life here is different.. very slow... people has a lot of siesta time.. and shops are closed on SUNDAY!!!
But if we get a nice group we could all have fun :)

Laura

Hi Laura,

We definitely have to meet up. This Saturday, I am available. What about 8 pm at the intersection between calle martinez and calle marqués de Lario? Does it work for you?

Jade, are you in Malaga?

Cheers,
/Laurent

There are lots of Spanish/English conversation groups in and near Málaga.

If you want an invitation to join an international group, please let me know. Once you have the invitation, accept it then log into the site, and you'll receive emails about the monthly meetings, held on different nights in various bars in the centre of Málaga, which are sometimes very interesting – 41 people and 17 nationalities at a recent meeting, although most people speak Spanish and/or English. Look for the Málaga meeting and register if you're going to attend. If the meeting is in a restaurant, you don't have to eat. I don't, because I'm a vegetarian. Don't put too much personal information when you register – name, nationality, maybe countries where you've lived and/or languages you speak – although a photo would be a good idea. There are also meetings in Marbella, but I've never been to any of them.

Tuesdays in the Bar Costello, C /Granada, 33, there's a conversation group from 9 pm until late. If I'm not there ask for Paco, who runs the group. There's a special offer of una caña of Cruzcampo at a reduced price of €1 for members of the group, but the bar staff don't always know about it. I really like this group.

Wednesdays & Fridays at C/Cobertizo del Conde, 2, two streets behind el Mercado de la Merced, just off la Plaza de la Merced, there's a conversation group, supposedly from 8 pm, but between 9.30 and 10 pm would be a better time to arrive. This is semi-hippie, run by an America guy called Brian, so don't be put off by the appearance of the place when you enter, which has an okupa look about it. There are some interesting people there, at least on Fridays. You can buy a can of lousy beer or a soft drink for €1, and I once had some vegetarian couscous for €2, which wasn't bad. One Friday I went later on with a group of people from there to the Open Mic night at the Onda Pasadena music bar.

Thursdays in el Café Viajero, in un callejón opposite el Cine Albéniz, there's a conversation group from about 9.30 pm (definitely not before). I've only been twice, but I intend to go again.

Fridays in the Hotel Monte Málaga there's a conversation group from 7 pm, más o menos, till about 9 pm, and afterwards sometimes a group of us goes somewhere else. There are usually 10 or 12 people, but not many native-English speakers, so if you are, or you speak good English, please come.

Tuesdays & Thursdays in Arroyo de la Miel, from about 11 am to 1 or 2 pm, there's a conversation group run by the ayuntamiento at the Centro de Mayores, in the Plaza de la Mezquita, a five-minute walk from the Arroyo-Benalmádena train station. This is very good, with quite a lot of people, sometimes 30 or 40 – a mixture of Spanish- and English-speakers – at various tables, outside if the weather is good, or if not in the cafetería. Here we need more native-Spanish speakers. Some tables have classes, others speak for 30 minutes or an hour in Spanish, then change to English. Others don't have any rules. I prefer the latter. You can change tables if you want.

David

Hi David - yes I'd be interested in an international group.  Can you invite me please?  :-)  I live in the Axarquía about 25 mins north or Málaga but drive in frequently.  I'll check out the venues you listed to see which is easiest, and will accept the invitation if you send me one!  I'm probably level B2 in Spanish, and English is my first language.

Hi Laura,

Send your email to my email ([email protected] - NOT .com) and I'll send you an invitation to join the organization. This blog won't allow me to put its name. Haven't a clue why not. There's no problem in Facebook. Also, there's a group called Freethinkers, for people who don't think like the herd. Might you be interested in that?

David

I am visiting malaga next month for the first time, for 2 weeks! Any friends around

Join the Facebook group - Making New Friends in Malaga & Costa del Sol areas of Spain - if you do not get any replies 😊

Thanks for that David V helpful

Looking to make new friends english or Spanish. Hard for me when earn little cash. Love Malaga just want more of a social life. No to much partying though lol. Wheres a good social event ?

Any lower age groups am only 38