Spam on blogs problem

Hello everybody,

for my blog I use the DotClear platform that looks like Wordpress....
And I have some problems of spam... that means some comments to make some ads and so on....
I added a plugin to my blog that enable to block them... and it works well.

However, for 4 days, the same people post more than 100 comments on my blog, every comments are detected as spam so they are not published... but I have to purge theses comments...

Does anybody a way to block an IP adress (it is always the same IP) ? Or a way to say that this IP is a spammer ???

thanks

Laurent

If you are hosting the blog yourself,it should be possible to block IP's on the server level yourself.
On my server space I can can block single IP's or IP blocks via CPanel.
There are lots of lists of IP's of known spammers around, which you can use.

If you're not hosting the blog yourself, you should talk to tech support of your host and ask them to block the IP's.

You could also check the IP number in a whois database, find out the abuse email address for the ISP of the spammer and email them (include whatever the spammer leaves, including IP number, time etc.)

I have the same problem (5-6 comments and/or trackbacks posted every day), but, if you are using dotClear, there are 2 usefull plugins : Spamplemousse, and MComments (I use this one). I never tried to install Spamplemousse, but MComments is easy to install and then, you can delete a lot of comments and/or trackbacks in one time.

You can find these plugins in www.dotclear.net (plugins section).
I hope this can help ;)

Another way is to install a captcha system for comments on your blog ;)

(more info here, in French sorry: http://www.dotclear.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9080)

No I do not host the blog myself :(

I already have Spamplemousse... and it works well because these spam comments are not published and are all blocked. But one day, I found three comments that were not a spam... so now I double check before deleting everything.

The problem is these days, I receive 50 spam comments/day by the same guy... I was in travel for 3 days and this morning I had more than 200 comments and only 3 normal :( (the rest was comments from the same IP adress).

That is why I would like to know how to block this specific guy ;)

Email me the IP number and I'll come back to you.

I can't believe people would post spam on Expat-blog, it doesn't make any sense! Go figure...

Meet other expats and join the events

OR