How to make friends in Stuttgart

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Stuttgart :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Stuttgart??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi to all the EPXATS,

I'm Andrea - italian - 29

I've just arrive to Stuttgart - for working reasons.

Is there anyone available for a quick touristic tour of the city ?

For all the voulounteers a pizza will be offerd !! :-)

Thanks

Andrea

I used to live in Stuttgart long time back ... I actually had more fun when I was living on the Filderstadt area. Friends of mine still run a couple of bars / cafes which may be good places to meet people - the Gastaatte Anker in Berhausen and The Rohre in Stuttgart West ...

I've found the expat clubs and the Met Club have been very helpful in making friends in Stuttgart.
See links below at: 
lr-expatgermany.blogspot.com/2010/10/resources-for-expats-living-in

The question is rather - how to make friends if you don't speak German!? any advise?!!

Thats actually a very valid question. It's easy if ur studying at a university but if u move here for work it's a bit difficult I suppose
Check out the different groups in stuttgart on Facebook, that might help

Hi!

I live in Stuttgart, and I work here as an au pair! :) I'm 20 years old, and I wanna meet some new friends here :D I come from sweden, and I'm here until July -11. Write to me on my email if you wanna go for a drink or a coffee or so! :)

Love Klara

Hello
I am a Doctor living in India. want to make friend in Germany any body interested pl do write to me

Hello I am living very close to Stuttgart.I am here since 1 week:)Want to find some new friends and to spend good time together:)

Hi Everyone,
I am in stuttgart for few months now and like to know and make new friends....at the moment I have posted a requirement on the forum for travelmates to explore new places during easter holidays....so lets see who is interested

Hello everyone! My name is André, I'm 24 and I live in Stuttgart since last month. I know nobody here, and I really want to make some friends, to have fun, or just drink a coffee! My email is [email protected]
Cheers!

Welcome on Expat-blog André! :)

Thank you Christine! ;-)

hello everyone, new to this forum.  this topic interests me because i will be traveling to stuttgart for volksfest in a few months, and i am STOKED.  wanting to meet some friends to have beers with and hang out with.

Hello, everybody,

I am just coming in Stuttgart for my work, and I stay just for 4 weeks, but I think that I m coming back often for my job. I know nobody here, but I would like to make some friends to share a good moment, walking, dancing,  clubbing, drink beer.... I love to go in outside. Stuttgart is a great place to do party time, I think, if you want to join with me. It will be a pleasure.

cheers

A.

Hi everybody,

My name is Ismail, I just came to Stuttgart, for a 6 months internship. I am 22 years old, and I would really appreciate to make friend and hang out.

Hope to here from you soon.

Ismail

Is there any activity at Sttutgart for this weekend? suggestions for activities outside Stuttgart? I ahve 4 days off from work and I would like to go to clubs, travel, visit outdoor areas. Well use my time off wisely

Does some one knows a place where Brasilians and latinos will meet to watch the match today at 1730 Brasil - USA World cup?

IF someone knows where to watch the Brasilian -USA soccer game today please email me at [email protected] or call 01525-8097-288   Obrigado

Hi!

I'm Chris and I'm 18 and I'm English. I am going to be living in Stuttgart at the end of September 2011 and I will be working as an au-pair. I will be in Stuttgart until August 2012. I don't know anybody in Stuttgart and I would like to make some friends there to meet up with or go for a drink. If anybody knows or could tell me of any clubs or things to do in Stuttgart, where I could meet people that would be helpful as well.   

Cheers

Chris

Hi!
I will be moving to Stuttgart next month (October 2011) and would really like to get t know new people who are either moving there as I am or already live there.

I would love to organise a meeting once we have people interested!

Please get in touch asap! I am rom the UK and am a native English speaker :-)
I will be working initially as an Aupair.

Hey, if you arrange a member's meeting in Stuttgart (or need help organizing it), please count me in!

Hey my names Al

I moved to Rutesheim a town near Leonberg just outside Stuttgart 4 weeks ago. I come from England to work here in Germany. Its not so easy in a work environment to meet new people. Anyone wishing to meet up just drop me an email

Dear All,

could you please check this out if your are interested in a member meeting in Stuttgart:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=114447

Regards

Hi all,

My name is Daniel and I am 29 years old. I currently live in Great Britain and I will be moving to Stuttgart in the coming months. I don't know anyone there and I would love to meet up with new people for a drink, activities, sports, etc.

My German is very basic and I was wondering whether anyone could tell me how the job prospects in Germany?

Regards,

Dan.

danielweicht wrote:

Hi all,

My name is Daniel and I am 29 years old. I currently live in Great Britain and I will be moving to Stuttgart in the coming months. I don't know anyone there and I would love to meet up with new people for a drink, activities, sports, etc.

My German is very basic and I was wondering whether anyone could tell me how the job prospects in Germany?

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan, tut mir Leid but i can tell you nothing about job stuff here, but about the rest - drinking/sport/meetings/etc - WELCOME :D I'm here about a month, and i understand what it's like to be new and to know nobody)))

Hi Insomnie,

I will post again once I am in Stuttgart and I hope you wouldn't mind to show me around if you still there by the time I arrive in Stuttgart! I have been in Stuttgart once and I really like the place and the layout of the city.

Thanks for the reply,

Dan.

Hi people,

My name is Primoz and I come from Slovenia. Im 20, and I come to Stuttgart every year for 2 months and at times it could get preety boring. I would like to meet new people so if there is anyone interested please let me know.

Cheers

It's kinda difficult making new friends in Stuttgart. Germans are not that outgoing so anyone ?

Hello everybody. i am Alexandru (27 years old). I just moved in Stuttgart and i am looking for new friends to hang out. i can speak english and a little deutsch :D. maybe someone is interesting to show me arround. have fun :D

It has been very difficult to make friends here. I have even started taking a Langauge course. I think my location makes it harder. Even though plenty of people in my area speak English. They seem to have thier own group of tight friends and dont really add newbies into it. Is anything new going on in the Stuttgart area. I dont mind taking hte Metro into the city to meet up with people.

Try Internations (internations.org), which has monthly gatherings of English-speaking people in many cities all over the world, including Stuttgart (where the January gathering is TOMORROW!).
You can contact me if you need an invitation to join.

Hello Anna,

I am visitng Stuttgart in Mid Feb, shall we catch up for a week end.:)

Some good ways to make friends in Stuttgart are to volunteer, go to the gym, get involved in an organization, take USO or MWR tours, attend a church service or visit ACS. The biggest help is to just get out; explore your options, embrace your options and most importantly enjoy this opportunity while you are here. Go get em! Best of luck.

That would be good. Except many of us can not get on base. BUt doing things out and about in town is a great idea. There are lots of events and people around.

Hi everyone,

I just moved to Heidelberg and I'm finding it so hard to make friends, anyone who would want to join me for some activities. Please let me know if you guys have planned something for weekends. Since Stuttgart is not far I can join you guys.

I need friends lol.
Vish

Hi we can be good friends

Hi me in stuttgart .I'm m 33 years new arrive what some friends

Here's a new attempt to arrange an EB meeting in Stuttgart - it's been a while since the previous ones stopped:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 62#1892590

I want best firend