How to make friends in Auckland

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Auckland  :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Auckland ??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi im sk from india moving to newzealand plz suggest me

My self saba (sk) plz tell me about living cost of auckland nz im cme nz for study propse with in 2monts

hi ya, i have made some great friends by putting an advert on  gumtree.com there are lots of people new to the city (also page for Auckland and Wellington). Good luck.

hi,

i think people here are friendly and when u r around them u get chance to make friends witht hem.........

Kiwis love goin to beaches and play beach volley.......find ur palce insome team to know few kiwis u meet

Good luck

Hi - I think NZ is one of the easiest places to make friends, people are so friendly and welcoming. You just need to make the effort. Working helps as you can easily make friends with work-mates. Or join a few social / sports clubs or something? When we first got here 2 years ago, I met a few friends from work, a few friends from a social club we joined and a few friends from an expat forum like this. Then we had our daughter and now almost all our good friends are baby-related.
Good luck
Peregrine

hi New zealand is very nice place to live and here the ppl are very friendly and loving nature by heart i am trying to make new Kiwi friends in New zealand

I suggest joining a local hobby club or sports club ;-)

hi ya, i have heard of a group called new kiwis auckland on facebook. I have joined the group in Christchurch. Sisters started the groups up, wicked events every week!:D

!!!!

I have been here for 3 years and still finding hard to get to know more friends .... other than my work mates or salsa friends that I have known.  Would love to broaden my friends network.

find something you like doing and youre bound to meet like minded people. for me it was the open mic nites around auckland. a workmate once egged me on to join toastmasters, which i thought was cool way to meet new people. too bad my fear of public speaking got the better of me.

i think that the best way to meet friends is to go out and work on your social skills, think about posture, and laughter, i found lots of good tips reading this [Moderated - No Commercial Post] about relationships and healthy friendships.