How to make friends in Pattaya

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Pattaya :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Pattaya??

Thanks in advance for your participation

hi

i am spirit .. from pattaya.. i am looking for some good friends to hang out with

bye

Hi spirit! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) You should check out the Pattaya expat network, this could help you to get some contacts.

Good luck
Christine

...i would choose my "friends" VERY carefully in Sin City, it's not exactly Disney Land or the family destination that they publicize with a few naughty joints.

2011-05-06, Hi every one, I am looking for a friend of mine that should be here in Pattaya, has anyone seen Denny Dycus, he use to come and execsise ay Tonny's.

hello "web-friends",
I have seen lots of message on the site
in ortder
to look for friends or rooms...
I'll give you a piece of advice.
go to "pattaya centre" at "Carrefour Supermarket"
in fact I should say "Big C" (the new owner).
downstair you'll go to the "TOILET"
there you've on board a large number of ads.
So, upstair in front of the cashiers
an office of putting ad
and "le café de la découverte" rendez-vous of frenchs
however don't worry not only.
in Pattaya alone ?
"giggling"
lonelines when you're in Thailand ?
I've never read anything so absurd.
the natives will take care of cure your sadness
Welcome to Pattaya.
stay and send me news.
bye bye.
best regards.

Hi nongprue!

Thanks for the help.

Harmonie.:)

hi guys,i'm planning to visit pattaya within this year November 2011.need your opinion can a visit alone pattaya for two weeks.
Regards,
Aby from Doha-Qatar

hello friend,
well as in other countries by going to areas of particular interest.(touristic)
if you go to 'Pattaya'  or Pucket even in the south for example by going to the beach you can not find friends probably you're really too shy.
Obviously if you're going to Bangkok as any "Capital" I imagine you in a crazy crowd but still without friend.
if you thought going to Isaan
I already see you lost in the countryside.
summary you need a place like the beach.
Want you any advice?
Go to 'Pattaya'.
You'll not regret your journey.
Have a good "trip" and dont forget telling everything!
kind regards.

PATTAYA TIPS

Well like mentioned above - Pattaya is SIN city
There are a lot of deviants and creatures of the night that will prey on the insecure and naive given the chance.

Which i suppose makes it even more important to find a few GOOD friends that can keep you sane when living in the hum drum fires of Hell (just kidding)

If i was to choose Pattaya as my place of refuge
I would first start looking for the CLUBS
not the Go Go or massage clubs mind,
The YACHT CLUB,
NATURE CLUB,
EXPAT CLUB
GOLFERS CLUB
NATURIST CLUB
BOOK CLUB
POETRY CLUB

Basically anything that will attract some nice and educated folk that have a life outside the bar scene.

Of course i would still be quite wary - But life is all about balance. And Pattaya is all about the sensual
So makes sense to have a life outside those realms

Hi,

Moving to Thailand

I have been to Thailand many times, mostly Bangkok and I am now thinking about living in Pattaya.

What I would like to know is how expats, who have made the leap, have faired. Is it easy to make friends, if you are not working how do you spend your time? etc. Is it better to rent a property than to buy although I guess that one would rent initially. Do you ever get bored and wish to go back home? Did you maintain a property back in your home Country? Do you have any regrets?

I am semi retired but I don't feel that I am able to sit on a beach somewhere spending my days staring out to sea. I am a marathon runner and so much of my time is spent in training for events. I also spend my time studying languages which I have to say doesn't come easy and one thing I will commit myself to do, if I do move to Thailand, is learn Thai which I am sure will keep me busy.

I would be interested in any views. Thank you.:)

Colin (soulmate25)

hello members, hi soulmate25
I wish I had been to Thailand before!
wish to go back home?
no way! :o
what a place!
years ago .
I went at random.
well,so beautiful,so exciting project!
However, it was not so easy.
warning :
I hope you can afford. ( you risk spending much money)!
no dream!
what are you willing to sacrifice to reach your goal?
Are you ready to pay the price?
that's my advice
go to 'Pattaya'
three months as on vacation
Warning :
no time for sunbathing
you'll take time about
Embassy information,
see organizations that are probably
you'll find assistance to expatriates from your country.
gradually it will get better since
you'll gain experience
so the country of smile
will guide you to the paradise
and You will never be capable
of imagining to return .
best wishes and like I informed

[moderated: please start a new topic on the forum. Thanks]

I try to make a life in Thailand...but its little bit lonely...would be fun o have some friends to hang with and go out and eat and sing karaoke...but i am little shy...
maby its not look from the photo...but remember is only a photo...

Hi,

There are various Networking events such as "Movers and Shakers" and "Internations" which are great for meeting new people as is The Pattaya Expats Club that meets every Sunday morning at 10am at The Mercure Hotel. You can check their Websites for event details.
Hope this helps.

Hi there,

I also here in Pattaya for 2 weeks, no any good friends yet, someone should created a Pattaya friend chat room. I'm Thai. not looking for bf, just some friends to hang out. I just back from  California, just relocated to live in Thailand few years.

maybe contact me in FB "Puangpaga Holmes"

no drugs pls :dumbom:

Hello puangpaga and welcome on board!  :cheers:

Do not hesitate to create a new thread if ever you do not get much response on this one, since it is a quite old thread ;)

Regards

Kenjee

Hi Kenjee:

thanks for reply my post and your advice. maybe only few days, things will getting better.

I 'm back to Thailand after left to US like 14 years, Now all friends have family, kids, grandkids, busy with full time job, and house working,  no more time for fun anymore.

I relocate from Bangkok to Pattaya to work as a lawyer and interpreter, translator, ect.

Thailand and Pattaya change so much, dont know if i should run around alone """" bored

hi, fellow member, hello the whole forum
at Big C (Pattaya Klang) the stair one front of checkout
there is le Bon café (a francophone bar) but ther are other foreigners too.
http://www.apattaya.com/sortir-pattaya/ … e-pattaya/http://www.club-ensemble-thailande.com/go.php
Frenchies are gathering up (appointments).
Then, there is for Frenchs Le Club ensemble'
This is a great French meeting club to help and gathering French expatriates.
(advice for visa, rights, and so on ).
Also, full of animations, (bowls, parties, dinners with friends etc ...)
as long as you get your membership card, of course.
I have no information about other foreign clubs.

Then be patient, it is the hell
if that where the beach one day you cannot find friends.
Have I helped you?

i finally got a new girl friend from EXPAT, we been to Monkey Hill last Sunday half hour from Pattaya, we really having fun trying weird Thai food on Seafood Market around there, she 's very cute and kind lady.... good luck searching friends guys:)

youtube.com/watch?v=oZQKhqgUQLM

I and my new friend add our trip to YOUTUBE if you guys wanna check our trip to Monkey Hill near Pattaya...go search for "Buket at Monkey Hill" on your tube """" :)

don't go for desperate and get ladyboys ;)

I met a really nice lady from Expat.com :) now we are discovering around with her. Thanks puangpaga :) and thanks expatblog

Closed