How to make friends in the Karnataka

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in the Karnataka :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in the Karnataka??

Thanks in advance for your participation

there is nothing much to worry here!everyone can speak english....except the people in a remote rural area....so language is not a constraint...but ppl in bangalore are quit busy with work....but not all!lol....ppl here are nice and can get along with u easily.....

I do meet a nice local people every day.
Indians are very friendly... ( if you forget these who is too busy counting numbers on these funny papers we call money, these lost in tourist business...)
:-)
-m-

[moderated; off topic]

Well I have been in India for a couple of years now and I can say that I make friends easily first because am African so in my early days in Bangalore everyone I meet on the road in the market or at school will ask me where am I from what I do here and there start the conversation because I too retun the questions then later we exchange numbers and we keep in touch this is how I made local friends.
Its totally different and hard to make expat  friend because first of all we do not know how and when to meet them another thing mostly for us who are coming from africa . to be honest expat wherever they are coming from have a bad image of africans I don't know what has been told to them about Africans but mostly they told them we are in drug traffic, doing fraud,we are interested.
This is sad but it is the fact, and I think its time for people to think above all those things yes there are some doing those stuff as they are some expat from other countries doing worse too, but we are not all the same so we need yo get closer to know real who the person is.
Also we meet to organize monthly or weekly get together to try to make new friend and at the same time relax from the stress of india .

I don't feel its difficult to find friends here in Karnataka. Most people here speak more than one language and english almost common.