How to make friends in North Carolina

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in North Carolina :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in North Carolina??

Thanks in advance for your participation

As a British expat who has lived in NC for over twenty years, I have found people are generally very friendly. When I first moved here to Durham, there were not very many foreigners in town other than at Duke, so I had novelty value! Now the area has become much more diverse  and the Latino population has grown. I met some people through work, others through my children's schools and some through volunteering at various organisatons.

Hi bkarpathian1!

Thanks for your input ;)

Armand

just hang around in the pubs you will find many firends

Hello, I am from North Carolina, and currently live here. My best advice on making friends is to go to church. In my opinion, the Baptist churches are very friendly and welcoming to visitors. There are many many churches in my town. People are friendly here, and will be ready to help you even if you don't know them. I hope you make many friends in North Carolina!

I'd say the church is the safest place to meet people. Joining a bible study group or house group within the church is a good way to meet people. Another way is to join a penpal site because many of the people there just want to make genuine friends through language /cultural exchange.

Churches are fine if you are religious,but not such a great place to meet people if you're not.  The people may be nice enough but it gets awkward if you don't share their beliefs.

Another good way is meetup.com.  You can choose which club interests you and go to it.

@AmericanDude how are you doing today

Hello brendaamelia04,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that the member AmericanDude has been inactive since 2012.

If you are looking to make new friends, perhaps you can start by introducing yourself on the thread New members of the USA forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]

Closed