How to make friends in Brussels

Hi, I'm Monica and I just moved to Brussels a few weeks ago, but I haven't had the chance to meet a lot of people yet. I was wondering if anyone was up for a drink or so sometime.

Let me know if you're up for it :)

Hi Monica!

Welcome on Expat.com :)

Armand

Hi and welcome on the forum ramona1309 :)

Welcome to Brussels! I finally just got here and got an apartment in Ixelles. Interesting and confusing place till you figure out the street signs/metro. I gotta get better at French.

Hello!
How was the Sunday lunch 2 weeks ago? Many of you were there?
I'd love to join, if we can arrange another one.

Sorry, I can't reply private messages, because I am blocked. I wish I could though!

Hi all,

I just moved to Brussels this week to work in the EU-institutions. I hope to meet here some nice people to hang out with some time. So, anybody willing to do some sightseeing around or pop out for a beer?

Sounds like a good idea

Hey all!
I'm not exactly new to Brussels (been here ~1.5 years), but I'm always up for a beer with nice people!

Best wishes!

Welcome on Expat-blog Tilia and flowtec9000! :)

Hi ya everyone, I have just arrived Brussels for a 1 year job here. Quite lonely and frustrated...since I cannot speak any french or dutch at all...

I am looking for the nice friendship, or any nice one can teach me french?

Many thanks and looking forward to the reply!

Welcome on Expat-blog Puppy2022 :)

Thanks Yud, so kind of you.

Hahah just got a month job trail I leave for Belgium on the 29th so excited

Anastasiya wrote:

let's meet in Brussels!!?
I'm going to be here till June 2010

I hope you are still there... I just landed in here :)

I moved to Brussels on 23rd May.. Looking forward to make some good friends to hang out with.. :)

Cheers,

Nits

Hello everyone,
You can be a free member of internations.org
also meetup.com
Its a meetup group of people with various interests in different countries.
Regards.

hello,
i want meet some one and get know more about the culture

Hi youngj,

Welcome to Expat.com!

-----------------

ps: just to remind that the topic of this discussion is "How to make friends in Brussels"

Thank you very much for your participation.

Hi All,

Thought I should post something here to find new friends in this nice country. I'm from Germany and moved in May to Machelen :cool:
So now looking to meet some nice people to discover Brussels.

LG
Steve

Hi Steve

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope you find lots of new contacts on the site.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi all,
I'm recently moved to Brussels. Hope to meet new friends.

Hi adventurous!

Welcome on board ;)

Armand

Native Belgian returning from Ireland here. I'm actually having alot of trouble creating meaningfull friendships with Belgians. I have my old friend group but I loved the different conversations I've had with people from all over the world in Dublin.

I live in Etterbeek near the Petillon Metro station so if you'd like to go get a beer with me and my girl give us a shout!

hello there,

as many of you I am also looking for friends in brussels... i moved to belgium a several weeks ago, but still no social life worth mentioning ;)
hope to meet some nice poeple soon!

Hi Sunnysideup,

Let me know whenever you have plans to explore Brussels City and I'll join you :happy:

Cheers
Steve

Hellllo Everyone ,

I've moved to brussels a long time agobut never thoughtof finding a website like this, I hope I can join whatever you guys are doing soon. and I was wondering if anyone up for a coffe sometime.

Miro(Ammar)

Hello,

I've always lived in Brussels and I am up to make expat friends!

anyone up for a coffe sometime next week?:D

ammar

I'm ok for a coffee, except wednesday evening.

Hello everyone!

Anyone who would like to go for a coffee with a crazy Finn? Let me know! :) It's getting kind of boring to be in this city without any friends...

Thomas

No problem Hallen, just let us know when you're free. As I work, it's easier for me during the weekend.

Join the club Hallen,lets deff create an event for everyone to meet.

Miroelsilent yeah im up for coffee at somepoint if other people are interested

Hello Guys,

Sounds all great! Let's try to arrange something for next weekend at Brussles. Saturday or Sunday would fit for me. Did someone found already a nice bar/ cafe to meet?
For further plans drop me a mail or post here I'll check more often :thanks::cool: Steve K.

hey there,

did you arrange a meeting already? i'm in as well, just let me know where and when! :)

I would be willing to meet up as well, or if anyone is near Ixelles/Uccle/Etterbeek and wants to get a beer sometime this weekend or next week, then let me know.

I've been working too much lately and still haven't met that many people so I would love to meet some people for beers and such.

Hi Chris

How is life in belgium?
If you want to do some sports please let me know

Cheers

Vinc

Hello all! My husband and I are not yet expats, we anticipate a move this fall. We hope to be there for 2+ years, and are looking forward to making new friends. We are from Michigan, USA, and are used to a friendly, mid-western vibe. We are in our late-twenties and do not have children (unless you count our pug and puggle, who are the best kids ever!)I have heard good things about the social scene in Brussels, but was hoping for some more feedback from you. Do you find Brussels to be friendly? Have you been able to make friends within the local and expat community easily? What are some of the best ways you have found to make friends? I appreciate the feedback! :)

Meghan, is there a reason you're aiming for Brussels rather than anywhere else in Belgium?